• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and some questions!

MrsT

I am seriously considering having a lap band fitted but I am worried about how well it will work. it is a lot of money and I already carry enough guilt for allowing myself to get to the size I am (BMI 41.3). I really want to lose weight for the sake of myself and my family as it is affecting every day life for me now as I have very low self asteem.

I obviously have a problem with food to be the size I am and I do eat alot, the band seems the ideal solution to help me control this but does your head follow? what i mean is after the operation does your head follow and understand you cannot each as much or I am going to just over indulge still and get away with it?

Does that make sense?

I have read lots of here and I am willing to diet but I get very hungry. It has taken me around 8 years to get this big, before that I was a normal weight for a long time.

I have tried so many diets and they just don't work for me what is different about this one?

Thanks for any replies

Mrs T

I can't offer words from experiance, but I'm also seriously concidering a band, I had a consultation on Sunday.
Didn't want to read and run... My BMI is 41 so similar to yours.
I also have a problem with food the consultant told me that it will restrict my portion sizes but won't restrict what I put into my mouth, only I myself can do that.

Good luck with whatever you decide XX

Sounds to me if you like big portions and graze all day a bypass would work better for you,I too wanted a band but you can still eat chocolate,crisps and sweetstuff.All will slide through a band.With a bypass most people will dump on sweet stuff.A lot more expensive though.

It is necessary to try your best to eat a healthy diet with a band , the link to Mazza'z food plan will give you a good guideline to what works well.
Restriction is not instant for many of us, but when you do have good restriction after the first couple fills and providing you eat sensibly and do a bit of exercise, it is a lot easier to stay on track and get results than without having anything in there.
We don't have malabsorbtion and we can go get it adjusted tighter or looser as required.
If you also check out the other link below my signature you can meet a lot of nice banders at various stages to ask more specific questions x

Last edited:
Back