• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days Post Op...I feel terrible.....Big regrets

vanilla-cupcake

I have never felt so bad in all my life, I have suffered from the most severe morning sickness in my pregnancies but nothing compares to this.

I cant stomach anything, slimfast shakes etc....nothing, everything makes me feel ill

How long will this last, I am really regretting doing this and not dieting on my own, did anyone else feel like this?

Oh luvvy you are just going through a hard time - speak to your surgical team about anti sickness medication. Bonita and Brett had a dreadful time but got through it and are both doing marvelously - this horridness will pass but do speak to your hospital. A week from now and you will be feeling a happy bunny

HI hun, you are only 2 days post op and still have lots of swelling and trapped wind. I felt bad for a bout a week and really did not want to have anything.

It will get better before you know it. Try and move around as much as you can because this really helps. Keep on top of you pain killers. The sooner you have something the sooner you will feel better.

In a couple of months when the weight is down you will be so pleased that you did this.

after banding its notmal to feel like this, once the 1st weeks over you should be starting to feel a bit better and the swelling will subside. its the swelling that makes you feel this way and it wont be to long before the desire to eat returns and becomes more comfy, when drinking just take tiny sips as gulping can be extremley uncomftable when the liquid gets to the swollen new pouch. you could maybe ask your gp to prescribe something for the sickness as the pain killers can make you feel queezy.

liz x

Sorry you're feeling poorly Kate....it took me about a week to feel anything like normal and I just wasn't hungry at all...some good advice from Sue & Liz there.

it really is early days but does get better...honestly :hug99::hug99:

Hiya hun - I have to agree with all of the above....good luck sweet pea x

Awwe Kate I wish I could give you a hug. It will get better I promise, a couple of weeks from now you'll have forgotten all about this bit.

Don't worry too much about trying to force stuff down at the moment but you have to drink so its sip sip sip.

Hope you get better soon.

Bonita
xx

Thanks guys, THG just off the phone to see how I am, she told me to get some ice lollies to suck on, Phil is away to get me some polly pineapples hopefully they will do the trick, gonna phone my gp in the morning to get some sickness tablets (under the tongue) to see if they help

Thanks for all the advice x

I had this too..it does subside. I'm 9 days post-op and everyday gets better!

I found that the codine/paracetamol made me very sick, so i moved on to just plain dissolvable paracetamol- this made a huge difference for me.

I had lots of trapped wind...but once it gets moving you will feels heaps better. I walked around as much as possible and chewed on 3 'windeeze' tablets per day for 3 days.

I hope this helps. :)

Del Monte do a mango smoothie ice lolly, which has about 96calories each. Very soothing and delicious! :)

Hi Coralie, im not too keen on mango, the polly pineapples only have 41 calories and are absolutely delicious, hopefully i'll be able to keep it down, everything else I take just wants to come back up, Im doing some terrible wind boking (sorry tmi) which is really hurting my tummy so hopefully these will do the trick x

Hiya, sorry you are feeling bad - I felt awful too for a few days. It does get better x

Back