• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The devil we love - what's your poison?

Well done Julie i have to confess to still having the occasional slice of brown bread toasted with butter but i'm weird hee hee i like my toast cold x

ooooh i love granary bread, toasted, gone cold, then lurpak butter on, with marmalade!!

I am trying to stay away from bread, i love it so much, french stick with lurpak on mmmmmmmmmmm i havent had any for 4 weeks and i must admit i do miss it.

i finally gave in and had a slice of wholemeal toast this morning, i managed to eat 3/4 of a slice, and my god it was like heaven, i know im only 3 1/2 week post op but i chewed it till it was mush... and it was sooooooooooooooo good and no reaction to it either :)

Blimey Trace!! look at how loose your trousers are!! Mine are only a tiny bit loose, but my stuff was getting a bit snug anyway, well done hun, you are doing great!!!

oooo mona!!! SALTED lurpack LOTS N LOTS N LOTS on hot crusty bread.... god its better than sex!!! hahah and thats coming from meee x

lol bloody hell Kelly, i never expected that from you!!

Suppose it depends on who you're having sex with ;) xx

haa very true xx

I have to agree with Mona, Tray you are doing sooo well, well done.
I love bread to with proper butter only problem is i can't stop at two pieces :eek: xxx

I have to agree with Mona, Tray you are doing sooo well, well done.
I love bread to with proper butter only problem is i can't stop at two pieces :eek: xxx

Joanne, pre op i'd get to 4 pieces with no real hardship :) It feels great to eat one slice and know you've thoroughly enjoyed it and that's enough!

Joanne, pre op i'd get to 4 pieces with no real hardship :) It feels great to eat one slice and know you've thoroughly enjoyed it and that's enough!

I can't wait to get to that point. A big well done to you as well for refusing. Its a shame that smelling lovely food isn't satisfing on its own without having to eat it as well. There's been a couple of times I've thought i can chew this lovely food and spit it out so it doesn't count lol xxx

Chocolate, that's my downfall. But I went to my aunty's house last night for a meal and they had a chocolate pudding for afters and I said No Thanks, I can't believe how good I was but with less than 4 weeks to see the Surgeon I have to be strong. Well Done to you x

I used to love bread but then I did Atkins and sort of weaned myself off it - it hasn't meant as much to me since. My big big downfall was crisps, crisps and more crisps. When I was big there were times that I could get through a 24 bag family pack :eek: I do occasionally allow myself some wotsits or quavers as a treat but don't buy them on a regular basis as it's my one weakness still. I also used to have takeaway curries on a regular basis but make my own now (my other half says they are lush) and occasionally chicken tikka or tandori chicken on a Fri night as an end of week treat. I've learnt that you can still have a treat, just don't overdo it and not too often. Have finally broken into the 25 something BMI which is normal so I'm not so hard on myself now (but do keep an eye on my weight often to stop any creeping on)

Well done Julie i have to confess to still having the occasional slice of brown bread toasted with butter but i'm weird hee hee i like my toast cold x

Your not the only one who's weird , I like mine cold and burnt lol, Mind u I havent had bread/toast for a long time now

Ooh i love chocolate and puddings. If we go out for a meal i'm very weird and make company laugh as i ask my daughters to let me have a sniff of their puddings lol xx

I have been doing Atkins to try and lose some weight while I wait to find out if I am ever going to get my surgery. I cut out bread, pasta, rice, milk, fruit, alcohol, fizzy drinks of all kind and have found surprisingly that I do not miss any of them. Not sure how long that will last and my body seems to have caught up with itself so my weight loss has ground to a halt too. Our bodies are funny things.

tranquil

TB, it might just be your body is doing exactly what mine did post op!

You've scared the bejeezus out of it by removing all the things that helped make us overweight in the first place and your body is scared you are going to disappear away next to nothing. Keep on with the Atkins, your body will realise it's not been starved and will start to lose weight again soon... congratulations on giving up more than i could ever commit to pre op xxx

TB, it might just be your body is doing exactly what mine did post op!

You've scared the bejeezus out of it by removing all the things that helped make us overweight in the first place and your body is scared you are going to disappear away next to nothing. Keep on with the Atkins, your body will realise it's not been starved and will start to lose weight again soon... congratulations on giving up more than i could ever commit to pre op xxx

I was getting so worried how disabled I was becoming - I just had to do something. I have gone into a stalll but unlike other times when I would give up I am going to keep going - especially with all the uncertainty around my op. You may be disappointed by you weight loss but believe me you are losing inches - I can see a difference each time I have seen you. We will both get there in time x

tranquil

Tranquil you are a star! I'm thinking that next June you will be doing the 'race for life' with me and Wendy and Lisa in West Park, and you won't be needing your stick... We will be ladies what walk it together! Not only will we be raising money for charity we will also be making a statement, ''look at us, we are now fit and healthy and enjoying our lives''!

Keep on trucking and don't lose the faith, and next time i whinge feel free to kick my butt big style :) xxx

Tranquil you are a star! I'm thinking that next June you will be doing the 'race for life' with me and Wendy and Lisa in West Park, and you won't be needing your stick... We will be ladies what walk it together! Not only will we be raising money for charity we will also be making a statement, ''look at us, we are now fit and healthy and enjoying our lives''!

Keep on trucking and don't lose the faith, and next time i whinge feel free to kick my butt big style :) xxx

Yes that would be great - and there is no reason why we cannot do it. I for one would like to, even if I have to walk/hobble my way around! I never see what you say as whinging and you always give yourself a big kick before anyone else can get there:D. You are doing great - as is everyone on here:grouphugg:.

tranquil

Back