• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The GOOD The BAD and The UGLY

shannon_hilder

hello everyone!

i just wanted to ask a quick question.......... i have heard many people say that they were extremely happy with their operation... which i am very pleased about, but seeing as this is a WLS site, and one of the reasons i have joined this site was to get a very non biased view of weight loss surgery........ therefore i would like to know...if you were to turn back the hands of time.... would you have had surgery again?? please be honest...:D

If I could turn back the hands of time I'd have had it done 20 years ago, I spent too much of my life miserable because of my weight and how it made me feel. It was the best thing that I could have done for myself, I now have a life long tool to help me lose and keep the weight off that I've fought against.

I'm seven weeks out and find it gets better by the week so far... so good... plus I'm enjoying the food that I am eating and losing weight... there is no hesitation in my saying I'd do it all again tomorrow.

Health advantages to date... my diabetes is in remission and I no longer take insulin.

Love and hugs xxx

i am so please for both of you Andrea and Bev...hopefully i will not regret it either..i dont think i will..but its a very real thought in the back of my head..especially after the 2 bands i had x

If your bands were unsuccessful hun then i can imagine that you would feel dubious. I can honestly say that i have never come across anyone on here that regrets their decision. Yes there have been some that have had a rocky road, but if asked the question again i'm sure they would go for it every time x

Same here, wish I'd done it years ago! I've had complications as a result of my surgery; chronic malabsorption and reactive hypoglycaemia; but I still wouldn't change it! No regrets at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

YES YES YES YES !!!!! its the best thing ive ever done and has given me back my life !!
I wish i could have been strong enough to lose the weight on my own but truthfully it was never going to happen and life after bypass is very very good :D xx

Awww, Dawn it's good to see you're soooo happy ! xxx
:bliss:

Thanks Rose :D i am xxxxx

hi andrea...to make a very long story short!
the first band worked and i lost allot of weight but then my band decided it didnt like me...it decided to slip down my tummy and i was very ill for awhile..in that short space of time i lost 2 1/2 stones in 1 week...the surgeon rushed me in and i had this one removed ..after about 5 months the same surgeon put a new one in and due to the very long appointment times in between one was about 11 months apart..i still hadnt lost a thing although i had restriction..went throught everything with the dietician over and over again...we just arent quite sure why it wasnt working this time....so last december the surgeon decided to take this one out and list me for surgery with the bypass......... this was the decision i was hoping he would make..and i am still very positive about everything..but i just need to know EVERYTHING so i am 100% sure i am making the right decision before its too late x

Hi Shannon try and catch up with Justliz she had 2 bands and now a bypass and shes doing great!Maz x

thanks maz
i have met liz...seems like a really nice person...i have been trying to get to some of her little coffee meets...its just that the timing is wrong for me...thank you x

The only thing I would change is I wish I could have had it done years ago.....Im almost completely immobile mainly due to co-morbidities from obesity, arthritis, diabetes, strokes etc..........if I could have done it earlier maybe I wouldnt be as bad.......I love my bypass :D XX

hello everyone!

i just wanted to ask a quick question.......... i have heard many people say that they were extremely happy with their operation... which i am very pleased about, but seeing as this is a WLS site, and one of the reasons i have joined this site was to get a very non biased view of weight loss surgery........ therefore i would like to know...if you were to turn back the hands of time.... would you have had surgery again?? please be honest...:D

No way, if I could turn back the hands of time I'd never have got fat in the first place :cry:

Sorry for being so nosey Shannon, I just have very little knowledge of the band, but looking at the replies you've had from the other bypassers its definately something they'd do again and as with my sleeve fingers crossed shouldn't need any further medical assistance from here onwards.

I hope they get you a date quickly, I'm sure it'll be the surgery that will get you where you want to be and keep you there.

Sorry for being so nosey Shannon, I just have very little knowledge of the band, but looking at the replies you've had from the other bypassers its definately something they'd do again and as with my sleeve fingers crossed shouldn't need any further medical assistance from here onwards.

I hope they get you a date quickly, I'm sure it'll be the surgery that will get you where you want to be and keep you there.

thank you andrea, and dont worry you arent being nosey.. i am sure the date will come around soon enough..till then i am hitting the gym, swimming and losing weight...just to help things go smoothly while i am under the knife xx

Back