• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band with the Hospital Group

Hi, I had gastric band fitted on 9th september at Dolan Park with Mr Super. Had cheap package with why go abroad. Dont regret it for a second. Had no after care with this package for just under 5 grand. Booked my aftercare with BMI for £650 for support and band fills. Now on second fill and have great restriction and weight coming off quickly now. Once at right restriction the weight comes off. Its not a magic bullet, you have to work with the band, but if you do it works.
As for vomiting, i do sometimes eat the wrong thing or too fast and will vomit, but do have time to get to the toilet. It can be painful if you eat too much or too fast, but you do learn this pretty quickly.
Flying is fine, i did a twelve hour flight eleven days after my first fill and it was fine. I did not have to deflate band in any way. Hope this helps.
Best thing i ever did as I know the weight will not come back.
Regards all
Amanda

Yes.. i think i will go for the cheap package with THG and after care with WLS as it sounds a better option for me. im waiting now for a friend to pay me back some money and i should be booking my surgery as soon as next week, i will let you guys know... and thank you again for the reply is sooooooooo nice to have people around that understand the situation... skinny people just dont get it! LOL!

i have just one more problem... I CANT STOP EATING! i dont know whats wrong with me! i just cant stop, i think about food all day! honest! and i just keep stuffing myself over and over again, i dont know if is the anticipation or what.. :(:(:(:(

I did this for a while when i decided on the op i think it was mentally my body saying i wont be able to eat much so must eat everything now !!

its not the case though you can eat most foods with no problems so in hindsight would rather of not dont the 4 week good bye to food lol

Hi all
I'm having my op with Surgicare, which isn't the cheapest but it's local for me, has a good reputation and a good aftercare package. I was sold on the band idea (mainly due to costs) until I spoke to the people there and the surgeon. They didn't advise me one way or another they just presented the facts. I realised that I had a greater chance of success with a bypass rather than I band and decided it was worth the extra money. I know it's a huge decision and a huge amount of money - but don't just be guided by costs - your healthy and peace of mind and your future depend on this decision. (BTW I think Surgicare do free consultations )

Hey Girlies!!!!! just to let you know that i just applied for the loan! and hopefully will go through and will be able to get it done next month... please! cross your fingers and everything else LOL so i a YES!!!

Have a nice week everyone!

Hey Girlies!!!!! just to let you know that i just applied for the loan! and hopefully will go through and will be able to get it done next month... please! cross your fingers and everything else LOL so i a YES!!!

Have a nice week everyone!

crossing everything now ..............:eek:

Hey there!!! thanks for the good vibes, well unfortunately my loan didn't go through, but i managed to get the money and i just booked my date!!!! I'm so happy! my surgery is booked for the 26th of this month!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy!

Hey there!!! thanks for the good vibes, well unfortunately my loan didn't go through, but i managed to get the money and i just booked my date!!!! I'm so happy! my surgery is booked for the 26th of this month!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy!
good luck skinny!!!

Back