• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The outcome of my meeting with Professor Alcolado.

Andy1968

Hi
I just got back from seeing the Professor and he went through my History of attempted weight loss and everything and he come to the conclusion that I NEED Bariatric Surgery.
So what he's goin to do is to write to my PCT and tell them that Surgery is the only option for me and hopefully this may go a long way in securing my funding.
He did say that my PCT ( West Essex ) is the worst one to deal with... But I asked him if I will get surgery at some stage and he said Yes.

So from all the hassle yesterday in feeling much more confident that I will get my
Funding.
What I'm going to do next is this... Next Thursday I'm seeing my GP and the following week after I'm seeing the dietician.. My 6 months is up and they're going get a letter from my dietician, sleep Apnoea nurse, Professor of Medicine and
My GP to state I've done everything the PCT have asked of me... If they refuse me I'm Appealing and then will go to my MP for back up....
A pretty good result all round I think

Thanks for listening

Andy xx

thats fantastic Andy!!!!!! im soooo pleased for you, some good luck at last :D xxx

Way to go Andy. The future looks really promising :D

Well you must feel so much better now, honey ... just goes to show you should never give up :) Sooo happy for you, Andy xxx :D:D

Thanks everyone ...Must admit i felt a lot better today after seeing him,and have to say he was such a nice man. I've seen consultants whose bedside manner hasn't been up to much,But Professor Alcolado was a really nice man...very helpful.

Andy xx

Hi
I just got back from seeing the Professor and he went through my History of attempted weight loss and everything and he come to the conclusion that I NEED Bariatric Surgery.
So what he's goin to do is to write to my PCT and tell them that Surgery is the only option for me and hopefully this may go a long way in securing my funding.
He did say that my PCT ( West Essex ) is the worst one to deal with... But I asked him if I will get surgery at some stage and he said Yes.

So from all the hassle yesterday in feeling much more confident that I will get my
Funding.
What I'm going to do next is this... Next Thursday I'm seeing my GP and the following week after I'm seeing the dietician.. My 6 months is up and they're going get a letter from my dietician, sleep Apnoea nurse, Professor of Medicine and
My GP to state I've done everything the PCT have asked of me... If they refuse me I'm Appealing and then will go to my MP for back up....
A pretty good result all round I think

Thanks for listening

Andy xx
excellent news Andy, Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy result x

Yayyyyyyyyy that is mch better news hun, i would still do the letter, the more pressure they are put under the better, keep strong xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone ...Must admit i felt a lot better today after seeing him,and have to say he was such a nice man. I've seen consultants whose bedside manner hasn't been up to much,But Professor Alcolado was a really nice man...very helpful.

Andy xx
Andy, are the ops from West Essex pct done at Hommerton Hospital? I spoke to the funding woman the other day and she mentioned it but I cant remember why :confused:

Well sounds like you have plenty of people on your case , fingers x'd for a speedy positive outcome x

Andy, are the ops from West Essex pct done at Hommerton Hospital? I spoke to the funding woman the other day and she mentioned it but I cant remember why :confused:

Homerton is one of the Hospitals that are done through West Essex...Another one i got offered was Luton and Dunstable.

Should i get funding,My preference would be Luton & Dunstable

Andy xx

So pleased for you Andy!Its a terrible time while you are waiting for funding,then when you have that its the same waiting for a date for surgery.Its quite soul destroying but I would urge anyone to take a deep breath and hold on, as soon you get the go ahead its a mad dash to the finish.It took me two and a half years,but so worth it in the end.This time next year you will be stones lighter,healthier and so much happier.Love Maz x

Homerton is one of the Hospitals that are done through West Essex...Another one i got offered was Luton and Dunstable.

Should i get funding,My preference would be Luton & Dunstable

Andy xx
thanks mate, does L & D have a shorter waiting list?
sorry to bombard ya :D

thanks mate, does L & D have a shorter waiting list?
sorry to bombard ya :D

No problem hun....Unfortunately i don't actually know the waiting time.Sorry.

Andy x

No problem hun....Unfortunately i don't actually know the waiting time.Sorry.

Andy x
cheers Andy, what makes you favour the L & D?

Back