• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The pain of Trapped wind....

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Ouch...is all I can say!

Been up all night...I tried sleeping, but the pain of what I can only assume to be 'Trapped wind' was there...on the right, under my ribs...almost bruised to touch....and if i breathed in too hard or yawned, WOW what a pain!

I've tried walking around....

I've tried peppermint tea....

I've tried a hot water bottle....

I've tried just hot water to sip....

I'm waiting till my partner wakes to send him for something like windease or deflatine....(which one is ok post op?)

Im also constipated I think....and I can burp but not fart it seems (sorry for T.M.I)

Just googled gallstones to make sure the pain wasnt that...but alas most of the symptoms I do not have. (Thankfully)...

The night before (last/tonight just gone), I took a senokot to help me go to the loo, I wonder if its that....omfg paranoia occurring now!

I hope its just trapped wind and passes soon, as Im a one week post op bander, and everything else was going great till this :cry:

That sounds painful! I don't know a remedy but am sending you some love! Hope it goes soon. Can you get your hubby to burp you like a baby?! :eek:D

try not to worry - it took me two weeks to go to the loo after i had had my op - PAINFUL!!!! taking the laxatives actually made me worse, as they created more trapped wind because there just wasnt enough food in my body for me to actually need to go, so to speak. bear with it, it does get better - HONEST XXX

try not to worry - it took me two weeks to go to the loo after i had had my op - PAINFUL!!!! taking the laxatives actually made me worse, as they created more trapped wind because there just wasnt enough food in my body for me to actually need to go, so to speak. bear with it, it does get better - HONEST XXX

Oh Thank you Flutterby for putting my mind at rest....I thought something was wrong with me....

Just been supermarket and got some windsetlers...hopefully this may help the bloating and trapped wind...As for the constipation, I'll try more fibre foods to help it...as Senokot caused this bloody pain!

That sounds painful! I don't know a remedy but am sending you some love! Hope it goes soon. Can you get your hubby to burp you like a baby?! :eek:D

Hi Dinkydink (cool name by the way)

LOL hes not my HUBBY yet....still the 'Boyfriend'

And I tried him to pat me like a burping baby the other day....hes useless at stuff like that...and it didnt work!

Just been and got some windsetlers - heres hoping...x

Sounds like trapped wind, it can take hours for it to pass. Keep doing what you're doing and it will gently pass.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

yeah they are generally useless at anything like that, well mine is anyway. you should see the look on his face if i ask him to massage my shoulders!! ha! hope it passes soon :)

Oh I feeling the effects of the wind as well at the mo..................Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hi

I honestly think nothing can help trapped wind apart from walking it out.
I must say windeze,deflatine really doesn't shift it for me.

Well I tried the windsetlers at about 7am this morning....Ive had some marvellous burps and farts....But now im worried, as the Pain I was experiencing is still in the same place, and Im not sure it is trapped wind...

Its about 2 inches from my highest wound...and hurts when I breathe deep or cough or move...If I press lightly on my skin there, it hurts horribly....Its a pain between a cramp and a stitch and a stabbing pain....I wonder what it can be....

Ive felt my port down on the left wound, thats there...I think I can even feel my band when I stand up....So hopefully its not a slippage....im trying to rule things out to put my mind at rest.....as loads of gas/wind has moved now...

I will give it till the end of the day, thats over 24hrs of the same pain, im sure if it were wind it would have moved a bit by then...if not, Ill call and see if my hospital staff at the loxwood centre in Chichester know what it is....(dont wanna bother them, but im worried now)

My mother in law told me that a lot of the gas will be around our organs rather than in our digestive tract and we just have to wait for it to pass through the walls.

Where you've described is where I had some of my wind pain :( Hope it passes.

My mother in law told me that a lot of the gas will be around our organs rather than in our digestive tract and we just have to wait for it to pass through the walls.

Where you've described is where I had some of my wind pain :( Hope it passes.

I hope it is trapped wind too Yve....its got me paranoid like f**k....

Im starting to think...is it my multivitamin, as I didnt cut it up enough...

Is it a slipped band to the bottom of my stomach...

its peculiar, as the pain was similar to when I was healing last week, but in a different position, no where near where everything has gone on....its like the pain of the port, but on the other side, and sharp....just under my right rib, literally 2 inches right of the top wound (where the band is)....

The black coffee worked, I got to drink it...and literally 10 mins after, I needed to go to the loo...So constipation a bit cleared now! lol....Still the pain persists though....Hmmmm

Just about to take my meds, as I went back to sleep from 8am till 1pm...as I was up all night....And I wasnt sure if I should eat or not, incase its something to do with my band...but sod it...Im doing my ready porridge oats....Hopefully things will pass...as I dont want to make a big deal out of it....as ive been coping fine with the recovery....

I wonder....that during the healing/recovery...does the pain move about....

It did for me. Was very much shoulder tip, then just under boobs and since saturday, gone :)

Some told me to swing your arms around like a windmill to help ease wind pain.
Just don't go too crazy and risk an injury nice and gentle
Sorry don't know if it works I was lucky enough not to have any wind pain.But anything is worth a try

May get myself together and take the dogs round the block of something...whilst waving arms lol...I dont care what it is I have to do, just take the horrid thing away!

Ok so ive tried walking....the pain hasnt gone...

Wind setlers made me trump and burp loads...so im not sure it is wind....

What else could it be...

Im leaving it till tomorrow, and calling the hospital for advice...

Ooowch!! There's nothing worse than trapped wind for making you feel uncomfortable, grumpy and if you're like me, sorry for yourself!

I have suffered constipation most of my life and have tried everything to ease it. Goodness knows what I'll do after WLS as I cover my morning porridge with linseeds and chia seeds to help, which it does a little. But I'll probably not be able to use the seeds in the early days?

For wind in stomach or indigestion I use Andrews antacid - always works - a few belches and you're right! But probably no use after wls as it's fizzy. Next best thing is a teaspoon of bicarbinated soda in half a tumbler of water. Not very tasty but you could add a bit of cordial.

For wind in bottom half I massage my colon. Lie on the bed or it can be done standing. Start at far right lower tummy with flat fingers and firmly stroke up to just above belly button, stroke across and down and then towards pubic bone. Do this about 6 times and then rest. I assure you that if there's wind trapped there it will find it's way out within a few mins. You can repeat this as much as you need to until you feel comfortable. You may also find that you need the loo for a number two shortly after. I learned this when I was on a sports massage course many years ago and it's served me well since.

Of course, like Yve says, if its around your organs it will just be a matter of time whilst you body deals with it. But just think, you have had your op and the scary bit is over, and in a couple of weeks time you will be well on your way to wherever you have planned to go!

I hope you feel better soon, Tessy...x

Just had the nurse from my hospital call me back and have a discussion about this pain....

From what she can tell, I have a swollen/inflammed Diaphram.
She is having a chat with the surgeon and getting back to me later....

She put my mind at rest about the band slippage and such forth...

I told her I had a GP appointment for this afternoon and she asked me to ask the GP to listen to my chest....So I will do.

Phew.....relief.....

Back