• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped Wind?

tendersage

When i went out wednesday with Jonah as i took my first small mouthful of food i started getting sharp pains across my stomach, in the end i gave up eating and took the food home with me. This passed without me having to do anything in fact while i was stood up/walking i was perfectly fine.

Tonight i suffered again just after eating a meal of mixed veddies with 2 slaces of dairylea light melted over them. The pain was servere, mty body tried to throw up but nothing doing, no saliva even just a tiny bit of froth.

I spooke to my dietitian and he believes it to be trapped winfd, i did have a lot of wind after eating and was already passing it, however i took some gripe water and it still continued. I was advided to take some more or some windeeze or gaviscon ect as well as some pain killers. So more gripe water and co-codamol were taken but even then it took a long time for the pain killers to kick in. To be honest i am struggling to believe its wind i also have at least 1-2 pepermint teas per day to help prevent trapped wind happening.

the pain was so bad i had to call work and inform them i could not make it tonight something i had not wanted to do

You poor thing D, it sounds horrible whatever it might be. Hope you get it sorted soon chucks. x

Thanks Allie, i napped on and off from about 9pm and feel ok again now but it is a short shift month and i could have done withint dropping one. Got my mug of pepermint tea and am wondering what brings it on as its only when i start to swallow some food

Is it with all food or only some? I had fresh Roe the other day and thought I was dying. The pain was so bad that I thought I was gona pass out, then I chucked it up! I think it was too dry.

I hope that you can sort this out, you seem to be having a fare share of trouble with your food.

Hope you feel much better soon, hugs Caz xxx:)

Allie tonights was brocolli, carrot, and sprouts all things i have had before, wednesdays was thai and i only had one moutful before it started. It was not dry plus it had dairylea light gently melted over it so even that was not tough.

Will keep an eye on it, if it continues to heppen i will see my surgeon re possible complications

Yes you should, at this rate you aint gona be eating anything at all. You poor thing you are having a hard time of it. x

i have good days as well, and those days i really enjoy so much more then pre-op. The weight loss still compensates for everything i have gone through since

can bypassers take gripe water it works wonders 4 us banders, its gentle enough for a babies tummy maybe u can take it 4 wind as well ? its fab a long shot as i dont know what bypassers can have and not have, just thought id mention it

liz x

Liz yes we can take it there is a sugar free version that i have in the fridge from immedietly post op. Have taken 2 doses tonight of 2 teaspoons, not sure if thats the right amount as its meant for babies lol

i think i will take one dose a day for a while to see if it helps

:D lol we bigger than any baby get a big swigg imigine its vodka lololol :D scribble out the word gipe water and write on VODDY lol

OMG Liz no were not we are the babes LOL
will take it by the dessertspoon then 2 at a time see if thats better

it is foul lol i like dill but not in liquid form

Back