• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The pain of Trapped wind....

Just back from the GP surgery...Saw the doctor...who done an examination on me, Said my wounds are healing really well after surgery. He listened to my breathing, pushed my tummy in places, and the spot where ive been having pain, and said 'Yep, afraid you have pulled the muscles in and around your diaphragm'....So hes put me on 600mg Ibuprofen Tablets 3 times a day....

Told me to take it easy, to watch my breathing, and dont shout lol

At least I now know what the pain was...

Bless you! Hope your feeling better soon.

If you do get any wind try peppermint oil tablets from boots, break one into a little hit water and sip. Worked a treat for me after my c section.

Good luck. Xxx

Bluebutterflier said:
Just back from the GP surgery...Saw the doctor...who done an examination on me, Said my wounds are healing really well after surgery. He listened to my breathing, pushed my tummy in places, and the spot where ive been having pain, and said 'Yep, afraid you have pulled the muscles in and around your diaphragm'....So hes put me on 600mg Ibuprofen Tablets 3 times a day....

Told me to take it easy, to watch my breathing, and dont shout lol

At least I now know what the pain was...

O bless take it easy at least you know now what the pain is. Hope u get better soon lots of rest. Big hugs xxxx

Hi peeps, I've got my date for surgery and have been scouting the net for a wind remedy for recovery and saw this -
Hi! I just had my Laparoscopic surgery on Oct.16 2010 and spent 1week in the hospital.the pain is nothing compare to the gas thats lurking all over my body.it's a horrible feeling.I tried everything but nothing seems to work.I am now home and tried my grandmas old remedies from the Philippines.FRESH GINGER wash peeled and smashed with 5 cups water and boiled for 30 t0 45 min. wrapped yourself with heavy terry robe or blanket and enjoy the tea.meditate moved your intire body and feel the gas sweat it out of your body.keep drinking until you dont feel it anymore.it works for me.and I hope it will to you too.good luck
Tessy..x

I'd like to add this bit of info, which tells you why you get the pain in your shoulder.
Not all of the CO2 introduced into the abdominal cavity is removed through the incisions during surgery. Gas tends to rise, and when a pocket of CO2 rises in the abdomen, it pushes against the diaphragm (the muscle that separates the abdominal from the thoracic cavities and facilitates breathing), and can exert pressure on the phrenic nerve. This produces a sensation of pain that may extend to the patient's shoulders. For an appendectomy, the right shoulder can be particularly painful. In some cases this can also cause considerable pain when breathing. In all cases, however, the pain is transient, as the body tissues will absorb the CO2 and eliminate it through respiration.

Tessy...x

Back