• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Regency, Macclesfield waiting - advice please!

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
Wow! Feel a little shocked (in a good way!)!
I have just rung my GP's secretary to check that the application had been sent to the PCT (having read here about some of the paperwork nightmares). Not only has the referral been sent (23/12/08) but funding has been granted (08/01/09) and I have been referred to the Regency Hospital.
Can I expect everything to keep moving this quickly?
Can anyone tell me how long (from where I am now) things will happen?
The PCT have granted funding with a clause that the surgery must be done within 6 months of their letter.
Any advice gratefully received.
Anyone 'been done' there? Any ideas on surgeons as the GPs couldn't tell me anything more.
Thanks guys and gals!
Lxxx

Thank you - you're on the last few steps of the waiting, how are you feeling?

Lx

great news Lizzie, glad things are moving quickly for you. It seems that things work the opposite way in your area then, ie you get funding first and then see consultant, where as in our area you see consultant first and then get funding.

Hope you hear from the hospital soon

Thank you - you're on the last few steps of the waiting, how are you feeling?

Lx

As you have probably gathered from my other posts I hate waiting and its doing my head in I'm trying not to think about how far a way my pre ops are am going to have a chat with my gp and see if he can hurry things along because of my gall bladder issues(cheeky I know but worth a try)lol. thanks for asking.

great news Lizzie, glad things are moving quickly for you. It seems that things work the opposite way in your area then, ie you get funding first and then see consultant, where as in our area you see consultant first and then get funding.

Hope you hear from the hospital soon

Thanks, Sam - I must confess, I made the secretary triple check as I wasn't expecting it to go like this.
Lx

As you have probably gathered from my other posts I hate waiting and its doing my head in I'm trying not to think about how far a way my pre ops are am going to have a chat with my gp and see if he can hurry things along because of my gall bladder issues(cheeky I know but worth a try)lol. thanks for asking.

Hey girlfriend! It's definitely worth a try - I used to sit and wait patiently, but then I realised that didn't do you any favours - make that appointment!
Lx

hi lizziebee im andy i had my op on the 10th of nov in regency/shire hosp i think it got re named to the shire a little while back.i cant say enough about them the nurses were great and mr brough did my op he was fantastic he came to see me make sure i was ok before he went home that night cant say highly enough of him.you'll have your own room
with tv i was watching football on skyports the night of my op what more could i ask for:). hope everything goes great for you bye for now andy

Hi Lizzie,

I was done there too. Andy's right, it's now called Spire Regency Macclesfield lol, as it changed from Classic Hospitals to Spire recently.

I also had Mr Brough, although there are 2 other bariatric surgeons there. My PCT had similar clauses as to time scale. My time scale and experiences are all in my blog (see signature) if that is any help.

I had a very positive experience there, staff are all lovely and it's a nice hospital. Any questions just shout. Mr Brough uses a clear soup/bovril/jelly diet for pre-op, atleast one of the other surgeon's uses an 800cal diet.

Hi lizzie, i'm having my op there hopefully in April with Mr Brough:DI went to the docs last july, saw Mr Brough in dec , and fingers crossed my op will be in April:D See ya at the meet up:D

hi lizziebee im andy i had my op on the 10th of nov in regency/shire hosp i think it got re named to the shire a little while back.i cant say enough about them the nurses were great and mr brough did my op he was fantastic he came to see me make sure i was ok before he went home that night cant say highly enough of him.you'll have your own room
with tv i was watching football on skyports the night of my op what more could i ask for:). hope everything goes great for you bye for now andy

Thanks, Andy - that's great to read! My perfect op day would be morning op and Saturday afternoon watching Jeff Stelling and the guys whilst dozing!
Mr Brough seems to have a good rep - fingers crossed my referral is picked up by him.
Congrats on your loss so far!
Lx

Hi Lizzie,

I was done there too. Andy's right, it's now called Spire Regency Macclesfield lol, as it changed from Classic Hospitals to Spire recently.

I also had Mr Brough, although there are 2 other bariatric surgeons there. My PCT had similar clauses as to time scale. My time scale and experiences are all in my blog (see signature) if that is any help.

I had a very positive experience there, staff are all lovely and it's a nice hospital. Any questions just shout. Mr Brough uses a clear soup/bovril/jelly diet for pre-op, atleast one of the other surgeon's uses an 800cal diet.

The blog's great, thanks for the pointer, it is a good read, full of super insight and titbits of information.
You say you dump easily - does the dumping put you off eating the fatty & sugary foods?

These next phase waiting for the hospital to contact me will probably drag on - at least I am step in the right direction!
Lx

hi lizzie i really cant fault them in any way when i got there that morning to book in for the op they asked me what paper i wanted for the next morning so picture this im in bed the day after my op reading my paper they gave me watching sky sports and on top of that im losing weight if you want to ask about anything just ask i'll try my best to answer them :)

hi lizzie i really cant fault them in any way when i got there that morning to book in for the op they asked me what paper i wanted for the next morning so picture this im in bed the day after my op reading my paper they gave me watching sky sports and on top of that im losing weight if you want to ask about anything just ask i'll try my best to answer them :)

You're a sweetheart - you may regret that offer! My mind has been racing today, trying to think of everything that is now affected. If you can think of anything that I can to prepare myself and family, that would be a great help.
Lx

i almost made myself sick with the worry thinking about the op i had never had surgery in my life. just dont worry everything will be ok before you know it you will have had the op :)

The blog's great, thanks for the pointer, it is a good read, full of super insight and titbits of information.
You say you dump easily - does the dumping put you off eating the fatty & sugary foods?

These next phase waiting for the hospital to contact me will probably drag on - at least I am step in the right direction!
Lx

I dump easily on sugar, not so much on fats. So yes it keeps my sweet tooth well and truly in check! Dumping for me is positive for that reason.

You'll get there, and it's worth the wait.

hiya dumping is when you have eaten something with much too suger or fat in the food when youve had a bye pass your body cant absorb them so if you have to much fat well how do i put this it comes out the other end so you dont that again and with suger you sweat get the shakes feel dizzy it's not nice so you dont do that again either hope that helps abit well that's what happend to me anyway:wave_cry:

yup sugar dumping is similar to a diabetic hyper (o?) attack.

Back