• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am sooooo happy, onto the next stage of my WLS journey!!

Well i couldn't wait to get home from work to do this thread, i have had a great day today. I am nearly peeing myself with excitement!!

I phoned Dr News secretary in Manchester to see if she had any news. She told me that everything had been sent to the PCT in Blackpool for a decision on funding. My stomach turned upside down, i said "i thought it had already agreed??", she said that it still needed the PCT to give the okay and then i would be referred to the surgeon.
I said "do you think it is too soon to give the PCT a ring?" She said that it was worth a try as the paperwork and the referral form had been sent to them 4 weeks ago ........ so i did...... and they say "YES!!" Can you believe that the PCT have been trying to contact me for a couple of weeks to let me know that i had funding!!

Everything has already gone to the Blackpool Fylde Hospital ready for my first appointment. The lady at the PCT (who, by the way, was really lovely) advised me to call the hospital to see if they have been trying to contact me too. She also explained that the first appointment at Blackpool Fylde Hospital would be to explain the Bypass Surgery (thanks to this site i feel a little more confident in my knowledge).... and then i would be asked which hospital i would like my surgery. One being The Spire Manchester and the other i cant remember what she said (i was still too excited to take it all in) , i think it began with B.. :p
Anyway, as i was on a roll, i decided to phone Fylde Hospital but the lady i needed to speak to was not in until tomorrow. A message has been left for her and she will call me tomorrow , fingers crossed!
i cant beleive all that happened just in a couple of phone calls. I feel so extremely lucky to have the funding. I have read so many stories on here where people have struggled. I just feel very lucky indeed.
My hubby is absolutely thrilled for me, even though i know deep down he is worried too. I really want to tell my son and daughter, but my son is just doing his GCSEs for the next couple of weeks so he has enough on his plate at the minute. I will tell them when his exams are over. He is such a worrier!!
Well sorry for all that waffle, thanks for reading !!
Does anyone know what happens at this next appointment at the Hospital (besides choosing a hospital)??
thanks again xxx

Sue that is absolutely fantastic news - it looks like your WLS journey is going to go into a new and exciting direction. Keep us all informed on what will be happening next

Sue, what fantastic news! Not long now. Zxx

Yeyyy thats great news...so pleased for you hun.
If you decide on Spire google Proffesor Basil Amouri as he is really good and works at Spire Manchester.
So happy for you xx

thanks lbd, i do feel really lucky, some people try for a long time. Others don't want to wait or fight and have to fund it themselves - very expensive though!
Good luck to you, what stage are you at?? Is there anyone on this site who is from your area so that they can perhaps give you some advise on what your local PCT are like. I was told on this site that Blackpool PCT are excellent - and judging on today i have to agree!! :p xx

thanks baby jayne, not long for you now!! Only a few more days before your a loser .... how are you feeling?!?! :party0019:

I bet you cant wait!
Your right, i found out about Mr Ammori on this site - he has a huge fan club. I would definately like him to do my surgery (fingers crossed!)
xx

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone xxx

Hey what EXCELLENT news!!!! YIPPIE!!!!

I am so happy for you hun. I have heard that Spire is really good and you HAVE to have Dr. Ammori, he rocks!!

I am doing a little happy dance for you hun.

Hugs,
Nic;)

thanks phatgirl, i was so shocked - really not expecting things to have moved along so well. Long may it continue!!
On another note i am nearly upto 50 posts on this site, so i will be able to get more info on peoples profiles. Its fab xxx

YAHOO!!! I told you all it needed was a phone call! Im so so so chuffed for you hun...not long at all now. As I was already under Salford I didnt need to choose the hospital, but the list was having bloods, sleep tests, lung function tests, psychiatrist the op! Fingers crossed you'll be a loser soon! Im so please Sue...YAHOO!!

thanks Sally, yep you were right. It cant come quick enough for me... iam so flippin impatient! How are you doing?? I read one of your posts (about PCOS) and hair problems. Me too! i also had laser treatment but it didnt work for me either (and its expensive). Just given up trying to get rid of them now - i just shave!! I read someones thead on here and they said that the hair situation got better the more weight they lost - heres hoping eh :fingerscrossed: xx

:woohoo:thats brilliant news im sooooo pleased for you !:wee:

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for your lovely replies - its so nice to know minis are there throught the ups and downs of the WLS journey.
:grouphugg::p:p:p

congratulations!! thats fantastic news for you! it wont be long til you are on the loosing side now!! x

Back