• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the start of my journey !!

Afterthought!! We could share the petrol and be company for each other maybe...

be great to meet you both :)

Silly question probably!! But what actually happens at a support meeting??

At mo I have use of the car (hubby just had an op on his foot so can't walk unaided let alone climb anything) & if I can persuade my eldest to drop his brother at climbing & organise for the new family who've recently joined & who live in Gillingham & were happy to share lifts to pick him up we could try for the march meeting if you want.

It's very informal Amanda , we just chat over coffee ( or whatever ) ask questions or answer them & help each other along . Bob & I are putting together a welcome pack & web site atm . As I have only just taken over the group we are discussing things like social events etc xx

It would be lovely to meet you all. And Penelope! I think I was given your phone number and email today by a lady I work with at tescos!! I might be wrong and it may not be you, but this lady apparently also lives in gillingham and is called penny and had a bypass and my friend at work spoke to her on my behalf as I so wanted to meet someone who had been through the bypass, and I just get the feeling it might be you??? Please let me know if it is you!! If it is that makes it a really strange coincidence!! :confused:

Yep it's me. Julie spoke to me on Friday when I was on duty in breakfast club before she headed over to the 6th form canteen.
I said there had been someone on here who had just seen a consultant & wondered if you were one & the same so began to wonder more as we were exchanging banter.
Julie was very discrete asked if I minded having a chat with you to help you by letting you know my story hence all the contact details for you.

Hi

Hey Amanda and everyone else.

I'm also due to see Dr Byrom on July 5th for my first consultation!

I live in Salisbury Amanda so not far. would be interested to know how you are getting on :)

Hi cafh, I'm due for my 1yr post op check that day at 11am if it fits with your appointment would be happy to meet up for a cuppa or something to eat. I'm in Gillingham, so also not far from you.

Aww what a shame, mine isn't until 4.05pm :( That would have been great.

This forum is amazing. So good to hear other people's stories and diaries.

Hi there Cafh. You will like Mr Byrom he is a really nice quietly spoken man, and certainly put me at my ease... Seems now that I will not be having my surgery until the end of July or even into August as Bournemouth waiting lists have got longer I would imagine maybe from the increased demand for this type of surgery perhaps. Let me know if you would like my mobile number if ever you fancy a chat...

Hi cafh, I'm due for my 1yr post op check that day at 11am if it fits with your appointment would be happy to meet up for a cuppa or something to eat. I'm in Gillingham, so also not far from you.

Hey that would have been great but my appointment is at 4.05pm...thanks for the invite though :)

Back