• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The verdict

Katyloo

What would you say the three best things are about WLS, the three worst things and what was the thing that no-one told you about beforehand?!

Ooohhh
The Best
Losing weight without much conscious effort (for me)
My blood pressure returning to normal, slightly below at 118/78
My fitness..not feeling out of breath after a walk

The Worst
Spending 9k!!!
That I can no longer enjoy eating a full sized meal (although this is what got me fat)
Burping all the time

What I wasnt told
That I would have to have an enema ..oh my god i was mortified

Eek!!!

Best things (hard sticking to just 3)
Losing weight!!
Ankle no longer hurting
Waking up refreshed

Worse things (hard thinking of 3)
Farting!! lots & lots!!
Taking tablets daily
Waiting 20 mins before having a drink after eating, I keep brushing my teeth after eating while waiting those 20 long minutes

No one told me I'd swap my food addiction for a clothes shopping addiction :)

Last edited:
LOL great post.....

The best.......... hmmm so many but

Feeling fit and well every morning when i wake up
Being able to go out walking without having to sit every 5 minutes feeling ill
Being able to fit in to some gorgeous clothes from normal shops :)

Being cold and uncomfortable with a less padded body LOL
Waiting for drinks ughhh i guess more planning needed lol
Giving away my new clothes before i've had the chance to wear them :(

I guess nobody mentioned the complete transformation that would happen......not just body but mind also.....

My best things of WLS 1. Losing weight and fitting into smaller clothes from most shops! 2. Feeling much fitter and healthier. 3. Doing a lot of simple things i couldn't do when fat like running upstairs with out getting breathless and having aches and pains when standing up all night at a party/ function without having to find a seat to rest my legs!!! Worse things sadly! 1. Having to not have a drink with meals constantly clock watching when to eat and drink apart. 2. As I'm losing weight noticing flabby skin like my under arms :( 3. Not gulping a drink of water when i just want to get enough fluid down! Sorry got to put this in Constipation too lol!!

And the thing i wasn't told that it would be so so hard to get protein and fluids in and it would create other addictions!

what a great thread! well here are my 3 (but could have soo much more)
3 best things
1.given a great gift to re start my new happier healthier slimmer life
2. losing the weight
3.support of all my family and friends

the worst bits
1. still cooking too much food and throwing some away boo!
2. food demons ,always thinking about food what to eat when to eat ,don't drink for 30 mins etc etc
3.saggy skin and pretending its ok and it doesn't bother me
I found the 3 worst ones hard and a bit revealing if im honest

What an amazing thread! And exactly what I wanted to ask, I just hadn't realised! I had my MDT on Friday and the consultant told me about shopping addiction, and I thought "yeah right", but I believe him now!!

Back