• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worst things you've experienced????

Unusual, but I got a urine infection and the flu whilst recovering from the op in hospital, which sent my blood pressure soaring. I had the worst headache ever for 5 solid days.

Hospital did a barium swallow to check that it was nothing to do with the op (it wasn't) and insisted that I stay in 2 extra days to make sure that I was ok.

I do get a slight stitch in my side when drinking water - not when taking any other liquids. Can't really account for it.

Hiccupping, sneezing etc give some pain in my side, but not impossible, each day gets better (only 9 days post-op at the mo).

I am 3 weeks tomorrow post op and first stone lost. I am however still in pain not major but get very sore tummy and almost feel like I have pulled muscles maybe inside. I am still taking pain killers and know when it has warn off. My tummy is so itchy which I suppose is all a sign of healing. I am however eating very well and nothing seems to be a problem but I havent had my band filled yet so all will change. I did regret it for first week or two but finally feel like it was the right decision. I am still slightly swollen around my tummy but the incisions are great so pleased with those.

Not being able to go out Fridays drinking and having fun now i have no regrets at all let me get that clear but for the last 20yrs ive looked forward to Fridays which is a lads night and ive had some good ones very good ones, now i know people will say that i can still do that but it just wouldnt be the same i know i HAD to change and dont have a problem doing that but i do miss it:cry: again to pre oppers i dont regret 1 minute what i did and what you are going to do in the future.

i have had a really easy ride post op but my worst 'problem' was the tiredness I took 6 weeks to get back to anything like normal and thats much longer than most people. Only other thing the very down feeling and aversion to food at 2 weeks post op. Other then that its been the best of journeys. Haven't been this weight for 20 years and still 2-4 stone to go

M

Goos Luck

Hi....I had the surgery 2 weeks ago and overall the experience has been great. I would say the three worst parts of my experience thus far would be

1) The nausia that you get each and everytime you eat. I honestly feel like I might throw up for about an hour after eating anything....everytime.

2) Not being able to drink a glass of water when you are thirsty. All you can do is sip, and sip and sip all day. Sometimes I just want to chug a glass of water and you can't do it. It actually hurts alittle or is alittle umcomfortable after about 4 small sips.

3)The moodiness that comes with have GBP surgery. I feel so bad for my family. One minute I am happy and the next I am a roaring *****! Everything seems to get on my nerves now. Sometimes it is simply the sound of someone chewing gum near me and I just flip my lid

Overall though I would say it is more 70% positive and only 30% negative. Good Luck with your surgery :)

Jennifer

My experience was not having a lot of energy and feeling tired all of the time, like nodding off in the afternoon:eek: omg thats never been known ever with me before as Ime usualy always on the go. But that was only in the early stages and when I was put on forceval plus B12 and Iron tablets it corrected itself so all in all everything is just dandy with me!! Gail x

Overall I feel pretty blessed. I had zero complications and feel pretty great 4 weeks post-op. I would say the worst part for me is the inability to drink water like I would like to. I am SOOOOO thirsty and you can't do anything but sip water all day long. When you do that sipping...it hurts! It is like a huge air bubble in the center of your chest just sitting there and burning. But you have to drink and stay hydrated so it is one of those neccesary evils.

Also if you eat too fast or not chew it up enough you will find yourself forcing it up. Not neccesarily vomiting but more pushing the food up. It doesn't hurt...it just kind of stinks. But .....even with the discomfort I would not change a thing! I would do it all over again :eek:

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Ok, another quick question. I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here who is more then a year post-op. Does everyone just die off after that point? Literally I mean! Is this actually some strange plan by the government to kill all us fatties off?!? Hahahaha!

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Ok, another quick question. I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here who is more then a year post-op. Does everyone just die off after that point? Literally I mean! Is this actually some strange plan by the government to kill all us fatties off?!? Hahahaha!

What you like lol:D lmao:cool: at my support group there were some that were 4 yr post op and was looking great x

Obviously I'm just kidding! I've just never met anyone that long down the line!!! Do people just stop posting after that point because they're too busy having fun?!?! For shame!!! X

I love everyones honesty in this thread, but it highlights that although there are cons of having this surgery and it definatly is not the easy option, no one appears to regret having it done. It just makes me more confident that I am making the right decission.

Lorna x

1. Thinking "what have I done?" the first few days post op. Went away and has never returned.
2. Wind pain in my shoulder. This was very painful immediatley post op. Now get just a touch of it if I have eaten or drunk something too quickly.
3. Slimming. When I have eaten something too quickly, too much or the food just dont agree with me my mouth waters and I start sicking up loads of clear slime. Once it has stopped I cannot eat or drink for about an hour but this has happened only a couple of times in the last 2 months as I know when things are not right so stop eating sooner.

All this said I am happy with the op I had and am loving that I am managing to loose weight and feel more alive than I have felt in years.

Shellbell, Hopelesscase, Phatgirl are all over a year out, or coming up to a year out. Fat Girl Slim is too...theres quite a few come to think of it...

Aye I'm 1 year 5 months out :)

I think once you have had the op over 1 year ago you are that slim and happy and healthy that you are out on the thown all the time and computer time is a thing of the past!! ha my theory anyway!!!

Back