• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I may have a hernia

Loll

Just discovered a lumppy type thing to the side of my belly button-think it may be a hernia. Had a bit of an uncomfortable feeling in my left of the bypass area but thought that was wind due to upping my carbs to stop losing weight so quickly, Looked on the net and this seems to be quite a common problem with a laprascopic gastric bypass. Had my bypass just over a year ago and down 8 stone. Anyone else experienced this problem? Will book an appointment with GP tomorrow but still would like the wisdom of the mini's

hey Loll..

from what you've said - it sounds very possible you do have a small hernia..

<< am speaking from experience too.. Mine showed up just to left of my bellybutton, bout size of a large grape.. after I lost 4 n half stone in 2 n half yr.. Dr said it is possible there had been a weakness in abdominal muscle and since weight had come off - I was actually able to notice it.. Most are nothing to worry about and will sort themselves out..

Unfortunatley for me.. mine didnt 'sort itself' on its own.. and am to see surgeon in 10days time to see when he'd like to finally get round to doing the repair desperatley now needed.. (its because of him in first place - am on the journey am on now :eek:.. )

Let us know how Dr's goes 2moro :)

Can't give any advise but just wanted to say good luck & hope you get it sorted soon

My hernia is large and at the top of my stomach. I'm going to see the surgeon on Fri to find out what they intend to do about it, but it is common following bariatric surgery apparently.

My surgeon also told me that once you have one, they don't sort themselves out and go away either, but you can live with them for a long time as long as they are not strangulated or painful.

Back