• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking of a defill

Hi all,

I am thinking of phoning THG tomorrow to see if I can have a slight defill. I had my third fill last Monday from 6.2ml (hardly any restriction) to 7.0ml but I can hardly get anything down. It's getting to the point where I can't even eat sloppy mash without feeling the need to be sick afterwards :9529: I thought I would give it a week but there seems to be no change. It is weird as I had some smoked haddock for lunch yesterday and it went down no problem but for dinner I tried to eat a fishcake and was sick I have been making a real effort to eat no more than a thumbnail size and have left at least a minuted before my next bite but that doesn't seem to work either. Do you guys think I need a de-fill or shall I give it another week and stick to liquids? I was told after my fill just to have a day on liquids then a day on sloppies.

Ive only had 2 fills, but after each one i wait 2 weeks before assessing my restriction. If you are being sick a lot and you are eating you food in small bites and very slowly, then you may need a defill.

hmm...well i had my 3rd fill about a month ago and think i might be at the sweet spot already??? or very very close to it (6ml i think i have)....i do get hungry...but when i eat it gets stuck unless i chew chew chew and leave gaps. am eating loadsa salad, but if i ate mash and all it would go down fine...bit odd u are struggling with sloppies regardless of eating so slowly. i would ring them and speak...does sound like u might need a few point mls out?

One thing to take into account, when ur eating and if u do vomit ur pouch will be sensitive so when u go to eat again afterwards ur band will automatically be tight anyway, plz bear this is mind xx

Oh just asked on the weigh in thread how you were doing chopster?! :)

I agree with julie being sick will increase swelling and make your band tighter. you try liquids for a day or two or i read on another forum that when your at your sweet spot you should only manage 3-4 spoonsful of food per meal???
See how you feel. I had quarter of a ml taken back out and wow the difference that made you won't believe!! good luck take it easy x

Hi all, I'm at Dolan Park at the moment for a chat and maybe have a tiny bit taken out. Constantly have a tight feeling round my throat.

soon2Byummymummy! said:
Oh just asked on the weigh in thread how you were doing chopster?! :)

I agree with julie being sick will increase swelling and make your band tighter. you try liquids for a day or two or i read on another forum that when your at your sweet spot you should only manage 3-4 spoonsful of food per meal???
See how you feel. I had quarter of a ml taken back out and wow the difference that made you won't believe!! good luck take it easy x

I'm not doing too well at the moment, lost 2 stone 3lbs but most of that was in the first couple of months. Lost a grand total of just over 3lbs in the last month :(

. you try liquids for a day or two or i read on another forum that when your at your sweet spot you should only manage 3-4 spoonsful of food per meal???

Not so sure about 3-4 spoonsful unless its tablespoons.

Each provider probably advises different things. I was advised to serve around 6 tablespoons (not heaped) of mushy food. I could never quite manage this much even with no fill.

When on 'normal' food the protein portion should be no bigger than the cupped palm of your hand and the rest of your plate filled with veg (small amount of carbs if needed). In the past I served and ate more than this but now with very good restriction I stick to this and cant eat any more than this.

I have been lucky and only had to rely on getting good restriction to lose the last stone.

Chopster, good luck. I hope you feel better soon - being too restricted is not pleasent at all xx

I'm back and had 0.25 ml taken out. It feels slightly better already and doesnt make that awful burping/gurgle noise when I drink so I am hoping for good things now. Thanks everyone for their advice/good wishes.

Chopster, I hope things have improved for you now and all is settling down. I booked my third fill for tomorrow but cancelled as I am just a bit scared that I might not need it. It is really difficult to judge what is best. Good luck girl. x

Majella said:
Chopster, I hope things have improved for you now and all is settling down. I booked my third fill for tomorrow but cancelled as I am just a bit scared that I might not need it. It is really difficult to judge what is best. Good luck girl. x

Thinks seem better thanks. Managed some corned beef hash made with slopply instant mash yesterday and it went down lovely

hi chopster i seem to be having the same problem and am being sick nearly every other day but i think its because i am eating too much. glad to hear your doing better though

Back