• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This has not been a good week... :-((

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Not been a good week, week 5 and I am on 'soft food'. Don't seem to want to eat anything as my appetite has gone, plus, if I try anything slightly a bit more solid, it is uncomfortable.:(

Even though I not been eating much I have been drinking water and a lot of milky drinks, especially for breakfast as I don't feel like anything in a morning. I always used to love my breakfast before op and would always start the day on porridge or cooked breakfast. Now, I just don't want anything!!

I was curious today and got on the scales, even though Monday is weigh day. I haven't lost anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:( Staying at 17st 9lb. I know I have got 2 says left to go, but I am getting disappointed and annoyed cuz I used lose more than this at Slimming World and would eat way larger portions.....

I know this bypass is a tool and for life, if I use it correctly and hopefully keep all the weight off!!! I am just so disappointed and de-motivated. Reading that some of you have lost in 1 week what has took me 4 weeks to lose makes me feel upset.:sigh::sigh: I know we shouldn't compare with each other, but lets be honest here, who doesn't???? Thankfully my loss of appetite and all the CBT I had prior has stopped me from trying bad foods.

Please ensure you do eat the meals on your plan even if you dont quite fancy them to help prevent problems further down the line, I have stayed the same for four days now (yes I'm in the bad habit of weighing daily) and its miffed me off! Take heart that it will pick up again though xx

I do force myself to eat, even though I don't want to. I do realise how important it is to keep up eating. I am just not in a very good place at the moment with everything!! xx

hi hun , i know how you feel i just started soft food and finding it hard alittle more pain but i think it normal at this point , as for weight loss i had a two week stall and this week i lost 3lbs , all i can say is to try and do your best with eating hun , as it will also help with the weight loss , hope things get better soon take care ,xxxx

Hope things improve n u feel better soon hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Have a treat just for YOU hun, a nice bath, a walk or a new top, do something not weight or food related tomorrow, go out for a coffee, Garden centres are good for that.
((((((hugs)))))

I was very similar so early on, and was initially very down in dumps, despite the good weight loss. Please have a look at my previous posts as some sound advice from others in there.
One particular advice that stood out early on for me was to just eat and drink what you can. Don't focus on quantities, numbers, etc. your body has had a huge shock and is healing in it's own time. Try get as much fluids as possible though, even two or three cups of tea or coffee, to avoid dehydration.
99% of the time it all works out.
At this stage you also don't need to be too focused on protein. Your body has more than enough reserves from pre-op to get you through this healing stage.
Hope this helps and chin up xxxx

I think what you're feeling is pretty normal for most of us to be honest. I know that I felt pretty much like this at your stage. Introduce tiny amounts of foods at a time. Make sure you have 6 tiny meals a day and top up with milky drinks, milky coffee with added skimmed milk pwd for extra protein. I found ready brek and then oatso simple (the plain one) make with semi milk and a couple of teaspoons of marvel added to it made a good breakfast sweetened with splenda and was a good protein hit to start the day with. I could only and still can manage half a sachet at a time.

Concentrate on high protein foods, try and make every mouthful count protein wise. The weight will shift, your body is just re-grouping having having just won the first battle in it's journey to slim.

Good advice about chilling and treating yourself. Get your hair done, have a manicure or just treat yourself to a new book from the charity shop but do something just for you. Oh and do yourself a favour, drop your scales round to a friends house so it's not constantly shouting at you. It will do you no favours, ever.

Love Kate xxx

Hi fizz xx
so agree with all thats been said before xx
However when you stall it is disheartening - I stalled for over 2 weeks and felt like screaming!!
This lead me to make a couple of bad choices food wise and I paid the price (and learnt the lesson) :eek:
It will start up again hunni and when your not losing your body will be changing shape - is true mine does!!
Go get your hair done, nails or buy yourself a little treat! Works wonders xxxx

Hello,
I would say from my experience that how you are feeling is pretty normal. Don't give up keep at it things will get easier and you will get your appetite back. Some days are so hard but think of the bigger picture and why you went down this route in the first place it is a tool..... think of your future and how bright it will be.
Good luck xxx

Thanks everyone. I had my hair done in the week, but didn't make much difference. I not a pamper person and not keen on being fussed over. I have started to read more and take time out. But my 2 year old doesn't give me much chance to do anything, except when whe's asleep!!
Had some mini weetabix this morning as I just fancied them, only managed 5 soaked in milk.

xx

i think everything has alredy been said... but just a littl bi of advise which may help with the uncomfrtable feeling you seem to be getting with eating.... the 3 x 20 rule.
1 = chew meats and anything solid for 20 seconds or more.
2 = wait 20 seconds before your next mouthful
3 = if yur still eating after 20 minutes then stop.. you can always eat the rest later xx

in fizz well that something at least hope this weeks better for you hunny as i am sure it will be take care. xxx

Back