• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is for people at have had there op's ? please

liannos

Hi i was wondering now that you've had you op what do you feel like, i mean i dont have or what to do any thing im not sure if thats to do with me having depression or my weight ? i would like to know what you were like before op and then when the weight was coming off like did you have more go in your self if you see what i mean lol

I feel great, I am just over 2 weeks post surgery, and I have no pain or discomfort or anything. I feel better than I have felt in a long time.
My energy is a little low at the moment, but thats normal considering the low amount of food i am consuming, but when I walk anywhere, I no longer get breathless or anything...it's great!! ;)

I'm 12 weeks post op and the bypass has changed my life already; I've more energy, more confidence, more self esteem and I smile more! :D It's single handedly the best thing I've ever done and the best money I've ever spent. I keep waiting for the bubble to burst because life surely just can't be this good.
Cuppa xx

i am now 10 weeks post op and have lost almost 6 stone and before my op i was unable to walk from the door to the car and was severley depressed i now walk everywhere and love life it has made me a new person it really has been the best thing I have ever ever done xxx

Before my op I was so big even getting off the sofa made me breathless. I couldn't put on my own socks my daughter did it or me and my confidence was lower than low.

Now i'm 3.5 months out of surgery and altho it didn't happen over night and was a gradual change, I have loads more energy, do all the house work and enjoy it???? lol. I dress myself and want to go out places now. My confidence has massively increased and I no longer feel not worthy.

I struggled early on with pain and sickness and I also got n infection on my scar and that took weeks to close up again but still it's the best thing ever and I have my second chance at life.

Thanks all, i do hope i to will feel like that i feel so tired all the time don't want to go out just feel like crap all the time its nice to talk to you all about it xxxx

It is very early days for me as I am 13 days post op but apart from getting tired when I do anything much I am beginning to feel great. Although I am not ready to run a marathon yet I feel great mentally as the stress and anxiety of the op is over and done with and everything went really well. I hope to be able to answer your question in more detail in a few months when the weight starts dropping off.

when the pain is gone you're left with a better prospective on life and a clean slate so yeh u feel amazing almost immediatley. although I'm sure as life goes there will be hurdles for all of us xx

I am 13 weeks post op and I feel so much better. I've lost over 6 stone and I have much more energy and less pain. That said Mr. Ammori my surgeon said to me on the morning of the op that this is just a tool and until recently I didn't understand that its not a magic fix. So it is hard work but it's still the best thing I've done.
x

get ready for a whole new LIFE !!!!!

im 9 months post of from 27 stone to 16 stone .. thats an 11 stone loss in 8 months !!

i have gone from a 48w to a 34 w .. 5xxxxxl top to a L ..

and all my skin went back normal too ..

i feel like a whole new person im doing things i only dreamed of im laughing clubbing i have met so many new people and relationship is bouncing ..

oh and sex !!! well thats a whole new story that im sure i could write a 101 pages on lololol

u have nothing to worry about just all good things and trust me life in the food world becomes more normal than u would ever think.. as u settle in to your new changes something else makes u smile everyday !! my lord i have cheek bones !! never ever had them lol

oh and knuckles and not just dimples ...

good luck and enjoy life xx

thanks brett xx

3 a half months post op i feel wonderful . ive ad some problems and loss as not been as good as it should but was alergic to fast tabs and they made me qyite ill physically and emlotionally i have been very depressed. that said problems sorted weight is coming off again and im on top of the world.i tend to fall asleap after some mealls but ive alot more energy and my confidence is growing every day. people say i look tons better not outof breat or stressed wen im walking and tat te twinkle is back in my eyes . my op, warts an all, is te best thing ive ever done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kath x

Back, knee and feet now are pain free. I am awake all the day where as I did nothing but sleep pre op. I dont have tons of energy due to other health probs but I am a lot better than I was.

Great stuff!!!!

for me the change has been huge on only 9 weeks (almost) and 5 stone lighter.. before my op i had really bad depression and anxiety attacks and was signed off work with agrophobia and have been 4 3 years! well in the last 2 weeks ive joined the gym and even went swimming on my own! i havent been out the house on my own since i was 18 - im nearly 24! so that is huge for me.. all beit i was scared the whoooole time and couldnt wait to get home BUT i did it :) i know this sounds silly but everyday i know i have a little more confidence - this op (even with the problems ive had) has been amazing for me - id do it all again in a heart beat :D xx

What a lovely thread!!

Back