• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thought I should get round to introducing myself

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
Hi everyone.
I've been here a few weeks but forgot to post here first.
I'm Samantha. I'm 36 and my gp has just referred me for WLS on the NHS. So I have a long journey ahead and realise that there's a very good chance I won't get funding. I live in York, and our pct is hugely in debt.
I have been overweight since my early teens, but had problems with compulsive eating long before that. I can remember being told off at 5 yrs old for eating all the bananas in the fruitbowl then trying to hide the evidence. Once I got to 13 and had money coming in from a paper round I was buying sweets all the time.
Over the years I've tried every diet going and am quite good at shifting a couple of stone very quickly, but then something will happen and I go back to the 'bad' foods. Then I seem to go into denial for a few months, not even looking at the labels and just eating whatever I want.
I've been on pills from NSC, done weightwatchers, atkins, lighter life and tons of other diets.
I'm diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, which basically just means I've annoyed doctors over the years and not got well lol. But I've now been very stable for two years after finding meds which work for me, and have done a huge amount of therapy. So now I feel it's the right time to really tackle my weight.
Whilst I wait for my referral to go through I aim to stop smoking too. I'm also getting a puppy soon and hope to get a lot of exercise walking him each day.
You all seem like a lovely bunch of people from what I've read so far. It's nice to be here. :)

Hi Samantha and welcome!

There are some lovely people here. I hope you get everything you are looking for :)

Hi Samantha hope your doing well and a big welcome to this site we will do our best to help you with any advice you may need. talk about the NHS i was waiting an waiting forever in the end i went private.Wish you all the best hun please ave faith i hope it wont be sch along wait

Hi Samantha

Welcome to the forum.

Your story could very easily be mine! My problems also started in my teens and by the time I was 15 I would rather spend my dinner money on cigarette's & chocolate than on proper food.

I too have been diagnosed with Borderline and have displayed all the signs of compulsive eating/comfort eating, which are of course common side effects of Borderline. As for annoying doctors, I think that is because they don't understand us & don't know how to help us successfully.

Good luck for your journey ahead & feel free to PM me if you want to chat at all xx

:)Welcome Samantha:)
Dogs are brill-
what sort of puppy are you hoping to get?

Probably a boxer puppy. We always had them when I was growing up. It would definitely change my day to day life though. No more slow starts to the day.

Hi Samantha, and welcome. x :)

Back