• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scales

Alia

Has any one else found since their surgery that they are becoming addicted to their scales. I've found that every time I go to the bathroom I'm weighing myself and then get disappointed when there is no change. I'm going to get my hubby to hide them and then just stick to weighing myself once a week other wise I think I'll end up going insane :eek:

Oh dear. I hear you on that one. I was against having a scale (hadn't had one in over 10 years) but 3 weeks post op I was dying to confirm my success. I bought a scale and then proceeded to torture myself with it!! You really can't weigh but once a week due to the nature of our water retaining bodies (we go up and down by several pounds per day). I think moving it to a less convenient place is a start!!;)

Ah scale addiction I know it well, I have weighed myself every day at least once since November last year!!

x

im also a scales addict !! they say we shouldnt weigh daily as our weight naturally fluxuates, but i still do as i feel its keeps me on track. if anyone tryed to take my scales away, id have to murder them HAHA !:8855:

There is worse things to be addicted to I think...I avoid scales like the plague now, Im hoping I will be addicted to scales and not food after my op!!!!
Sxxxxxx

I would never have scales in the house almost gave in when I read about Phatgirl buying hers but then when I saw how it made her feel I decided against it...I use the funky machine in the chemists at Morrisons, it stores your info and gives you a print out and even has a little graph to show you the weight going down...as I cant go there daily I have to wait...xx

Yep i'm a scales addict too. my hubbie has had to hide them and only letms me weigh myself once a week now or otherwise i was on them before eating, after eating etc!!! not good but part of life for someone battling with their weight i think! have been better since they have been moved x

I'm quite good at staying off mine. I weigh at most twice a week, but normally only once, on a monday. Mine live in my kitchen (hard floor, bathrooms too small) and god help anyone who moves them!

Yes, addicted but not in a good way ... I haven't lost anything in ages & it is REALLY disheartening whenever I get on the scales. Worried this may be it for me, at just 4 stone lost!! :(

Yes, addicted but not in a good way ... I haven't lost anything in ages & it is REALLY disheartening whenever I get on the scales. Worried this may be it for me, at just 4 stone lost!! :(

Don't worry, it is too soon for this to be it for you. You are just having a stall, that is it. Just take a good look at what your eating and how much activity you are getting and if it is all good then don't worry. You will start loosing again.

Chin up!:D

I'm contenplating letting hubby take the batteries out of mine but it may end in divorce if he refuses to give them back lol :mad:

:8855::8855:hehe always have a spare pack of batteries hidden some where !:8855:

I am 6.5 months post bypass and only just stopped weighing myself every day!! For the last 8 weeks, I have only been losing 1-2lbs a week, so getting on the scales every day was becoming a nightmare as I wasn't moving for days!!

Bad practice ladies - you should only weigh yourself once a week at the same time and weigh yourself first thing in the morning as thats when your at your lightest.........My routine is Saturday morning, get up, shower, have a poo (even if i dont need one as it adds weight :D) and weigh myself wearing just my underwear, making sure i weigh myself 3 times to get the average weight !.

I've only once been tempted to weigh myself twice in the same day and found i'd actually gone up a few ounces during the day !

So stay of those scales :D

:eek::eek::eek:NO SCALES 4 A WEEK !!!:eek::eek::eek:

THATS A BAD THOUGHT !!!

NO NO NO

:eek::eek::eek:NO SCALES 4 A WEEK !!!:eek::eek::eek:

THATS A BAD THOUGHT !!!

NO NO NO

Yes Yes Yes - its much better to jump on once a week and see the numbers drop by 4lb or whatever you lose, doing it daily you wont get the same buzz !

Liz - have your husband hide them until weigh in day, then your allowed to use them, straight after they go back into the hiding place ! :8855:

i used to have scales addiction but since my op i havnt just weighed at clinic once i have full restriction i can see it might start again tho

Yes Yes Yes - its much better to jump on once a week and see the numbers drop by 4lb or whatever you lose, doing it daily you wont get the same buzz !

Liz - have your husband hide them until weigh in day, then your allowed to use them, straight after they go back into the hiding place ! :8855:

:eek: definattly not ive weighed every day since my 1st op in 2005, no good trying to teach an old dog new tricks lol. it hasnt done me no harm so im not worried.

liz x

Back