• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scales

lisa1983

I been thinking I don't think it right that every day I get up and weight my self as am so excited to see if I've lost any weight??

I've decided to just weight my self 1x a week as other wise I am starting to stress a little if I have not lost any think each day. Which I no this is not right as we can't lose all the time that not life.
As in life we have are ups and down.
Does anyone else obsess over the scales??
So far I have lost just over a stone

I wanna get a ticker as well like many of u have them but I can't seem to get it on my phone is any one else having trouble ??

Lisa

Thank u now I've set tracker but can't up
OAS pic even tho it says I can as I have posted enough
Lol I get there in the end
Thanks again x x

Lisa

Lisa, I do a weigh in every thursday and sometimes if I feel the need do a quick one mid way through my week . . .weight can naturally vary by 3-5 during a day, so trying to only do it once a week is a good thing :)

But I feel like you, wanting to see if I have lost anything, and its hard not to keep trying out. :)

I think you are one of many that do this lol

Try doing your measurements as well, that way if you dont see the pounds coming off then you could be losing inches... Well that's what I do and once a week lol xx

I think am gonna have to throw scales away:-( as even tho I try to start with positive attude that am gonna only weight once a week I've woken up this morning and what was the first thing I did .

Use loo then weight my self with out even relising I did this!! Untill my weight hasn't changed in last 3 days now starting to feel little down.

As i was losing weight when I was on liquid but now I've started on mush I don't seem to be :-(

I am realistic that am not gonna be slim straight away but at least be in the 15stone by now instead of 16.3
It's depressing :-(

It is easier said than done, not to weigh every day. I do know, as I have been guilty of this too. I think it depends on how you cope with what you see on the scales. If its depressing you not to have seen a loss for three whole days, best not to do it. This is for a lifetime :D

It is depressing and it's making me wonder if am doing somthink wrong!! :-( as I would expect a small loss or even a weight change

Am gonna try to just weight the once but tbh it hard
Am keeping on smiling tho x

Hi Lisa,
I too am addicted to weighing! I get up, have a wee and jump on the scales!!! I'm 3 weeks post op and i too had a few days where I stayed the same, but just remember to drink plenty too! Eat the right things, keep your fluids up, and you will get there. We are all in the same boat, you are not alone!
xx

Oh glad am not the only one that does keep weighting it makes me feel better to no that am not the only one who in the same boat.
I really hope my weight journey carrys on
As am desperate to lose weight lol
It a life style charge not a magic wind my nans say to me!
X

Back