• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thunder thighs

LyndaB

Hello

I'd like to say 'hello' and a big 'thank you' to you all. If all goes well (and I say that with everything crossed as my husband's got to drive me there and back but has a slipped disc!) I shall have the POSE procedure done at Spire Bushey on Wednesday, 11 May.

I'm soooo nervous - not just of the procedure but of how it will affect my relationship with food (and that comes across loud and clear from your messages). Food; the enemy as well as comforter. I now want control of food but am realising this procedure, in the longer term, is only a tool and not a magic wand. Having paid megabucks for this it's GOT to work.

I've loved reading all your posts and it's so good to read the negatives as well as positives.

xx

Welcome on board, hope all goes well. I was the worlds worst for food, in all evening as small Kids so would eat & eat - camped outside the fridge lol. But now 4 weeks post op (band) & see food more as fuel now xx

hello x
just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site, i'm a newbie too and i have been made aware of so many things that i'd never even considerd before i joined this site x i wish you all the best and keep us posted on your wl journey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

best of luck xx

Hello and welcome to the site. You will find lots of answers and support here. Good luck with your surgery.

Thanks for all your good wishes - will let you know if it does go ahead.

Yes, the messages are all so informative and put into words things that you don't think of yourself.

Ooooohhhh! The time is getting nearer for the procedure - again I say if all goes well but if it does by this time tomorrow it'll all be over. The various recovery stages look like a minefield, you know, getting it right?

Bye for now.

xx

Good luck xx

Good Luck, I hope you have a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing about your weight loss in the future x

POSE

Hi all, had the POSE job done yesterday and now back home. For any future POSERs I wondered if you might want to hear some of what to expect....? Mr. Sufi did my procedure at Spire Bushey. Prior to doing it he made sure that I understood what I was undertaking. Having signed the consent form I eventually went to theatre. In the Recovery Room my mouth was very dry because it had been held open for, I think, it was about 3 hours. I'm not good with post-surgery or anaesthetic but they give you stuff so you won't have nausea or vomit. Getting through the night was a bit difficult as I had the feeling of having to go to the loo lots because they also re-hydrate you. Anyway, that part of it's done and apart from a sore throat I feel fine. At the moment it's all the post-op and anaesthesia that's causing me to not want much to drink. It's funny - when I went into the loo and saw myself in the mirror I thought of you WLSs and half expected to be a skinnymalink. Yeah, right! SO, when does the sense of not being able to take in much kick in?

Congratulations and well done Lynda and wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Back