• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have been lurking

Nicnac_

and bobbing in and out of various threads thought time i said a proper hello!

So glad i have found this little place read loads of useful stuff and it is very reassuring to hear that the positives far out weigh the negatives.

Over the years i have looked at surgery due to my mother pushing me - had consultations to have a gastric band - and even though i could of easily had it done it just never felt right somehow.

Any way this year found out was type 2 diabetic about 2 months ago and of my own free will (No mother involvement lol) made an appt to look into gastric sleeve. After lots of research i decied that i actually wanted a bypass and sleeve not for me luckily consultant agreed - as i had my heart set on it.

Any way it all feels right what im doing and i have no doubts that its the right thing to do.

Although i will admit that I'm suffering from a mixture of nerves, excitement, and sleeplessness but cant wait! 19th July 2013 cant come sooner!!!

Hi nicnac
Sounds like you've done your research and made the right decision for you. Diabetes was my biggest motivator for having the bypass. I can't believe I'm talking about it in the past tense as I'm only one week post op but keep having to remind myself that I've actually had it done. I've come home off all my diabetes related medication and am going to do everything to make sure it stays this way. Good luck with your op, it will be here so quickly. I hope you achieve everything you dream of x

Hello and welcome xx

Wow, not long until your op date will arrive. I totally understand the excited but nervous feeling you mention xx

thanks guys - i do feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest! God knows what i will be like on the day!

I'm hoping it will fly - feels quite surreal that I'm doing it

Back