• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

time of the month due at time of op!!!

samp24

Here's one for you ladies please and apologise in advance for posting but need some reasurance. Going in for bypass on April 30th but i know that i am going to be on my period at the same time. is that going to be an issue? Have read about pants on and off and catheters being inserted etc how will this work during a period? Of all the things to be mulling over this isnt one i had planned on having to worry about. any one experience of this and if so what happened? awaiting responses with interest.:eek:

I have this same worry, I'm having a mini gastric bypass on 23rd April and Ivan guarantee I will be having a period.

Had my sleeve in December and was having my period. Don't worry about it just let the consultant etc know beforehand as they are used to these bodily fluids.

Hi all, I work in a operating theatre and some times when we do major cases on female patients who are having there period we make a note on the check list and say theres no need to worry but make sure you are using a sanitary pad and not a tampon,( something to do with the length of time the op could take and how long you use one tampon for and also how long it will be before you can be independent in going to the toilet, and like a earlier reply i can honestly say that we are used to different bodily fluids. hope this helps a little to put your mind at ease.:)

Last edited:
so glad i dont have this worry but you could maybe also ask gp for the pill temporarily to stop it

thanks guys for your replies and Natclaire33 that makes me feel heeps better. I will just make sure that i let them know the morning of the surgery and i am not going to worry about it any more. thanks again guys you are a wealth of knowlegdge.

Hi all,

Just want to let you know ladies...even if your not having a period when it's time of your operations.
Take some sanitary pads,as after the op you may start a period x
I had a bypass and it happened to me,and I have read it sometimes happen to us ladies x

Hi I had a bypass in mid January 2013 and the night before I got my period! hence big panic and a phone call to The Spire! The bariatric nurse told me it was no problem and wouldnt make any difference, and it didnt other than contending with period pains and post op pains for a few hours, dont worry you will be fine!! Good luck xxx

I have my pre -op assessment on 16th april, will double check then, but i think it will be fine. thanks guys

I had my op on Tuesday just gone and was on my period , I just told the nurse and she said as long as I wore a pad during surgery and not a tampon it was fine , the op went really well xx

Back