• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WIDE AWAKE AT THIS TIME!!!!

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Cannot believe that it is just gone 4am on a Sunday morning and I am wide awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
I had a storming migraine yesterday and slept til after 2, so this is prob whats wrong, even though I LOVE SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!
Just got loads of stuff going on in my head about my op and starting the pre-op diet a week on Monday... I keep thinking that this is my last week of 'normal' eating and worrying!!!!!???????:confused::confused::confused: Worrying that I will never get to eat my fave Indian, kebab take away, go the Harvester 1 last time, go the chinese buffet 1 last time...... All the reasons I am in this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Isnt it weird how we think about things and they affect us??
I think also, apart from being very excited about my op I am becoming a little apprehensive.. I have never had a general aneastetic before and only been in hospital when I had my daughter 2 yeras ago, I had an emergency c-section. I am a control freak and the thought of someone controlling me falling asleep and waking me up, FREAKS ME OUT!!!

I know how you feel. I keep looking at everything I eat and think, will I ever be able to eat this again? It's crazy how we become so attached to food. I'm sure I'll go through some kind of grieving period. But, I'm so ready for my new life! When is your surgery? And what surgery are you having done? I believe we should be very close if I get the date they said I might have. I find out on Monday..... good luck to you! Keep in touch!

aww isnt it weird after waiting for so long...for something you sooo want...your now worrying about it all!! lol

from what ive read on here, its normal...and i too have also been thinking about my last meal...what will it be, do i need to have one? haha

im sure everything will be fab hun dont worry xx

Cannot believe that it is just gone 4am on a Sunday morning and I am wide awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
I had a storming migraine yesterday and slept til after 2, so this is prob whats wrong, even though I LOVE SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!
Just got loads of stuff going on in my head about my op and starting the pre-op diet a week on Monday... I keep thinking that this is my last week of 'normal' eating and worrying!!!!!???????:confused::confused::confused: Worrying that I will never get to eat my fave Indian, kebab take away, go the Harvester 1 last time, go the chinese buffet 1 last time...... All the reasons I am in this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Isnt it weird how we think about things and they affect us??
I think also, apart from being very excited about my op I am becoming a little apprehensive.. I have never had a general aneastetic before and only been in hospital when I had my daughter 2 yeras ago, I had an emergency c-section. I am a control freak and the thought of someone controlling me falling asleep and waking me up, FREAKS ME OUT!!!
my op is in 11 days, and i am going through all of the above! except i've had lots of gen aneasthetic, but also a fair bit of tummy ops, so they are expecting some adhesions which makes it more risky. how you are feeling is normal, try to cut down on caffiene, as this helps. and try not to get too stressed, its normal to feel this way

Dont worry girls its all normal!Sarah I had migraines all the time pre op and havent had one little ole headache since my wls!You will eat 'normally' post op just not like a glutton anymore!
For brekkie this morning I had 1 rasher smoked bacon,1 thin sausage,1 tomato,1 sm spoon beans and thin slice black pudding.Squirt H.P.and a mug of tea later!Dont like eggs so much now or would of had a yolk too!
Lunch is beef roast,yorkie and yoghurt with fruit later.
Tea will be cold meat,salad and the last of the mince pies!Just 1 though.
Im 12 months on 21st Feb and just wanted to show there is food after surgery just a lot less of it!

my op is in 11 days, and i am going through all of the above! except i've had lots of gen aneasthetic, but also a fair bit of tummy ops, so they are expecting some adhesions which makes it more risky. how you are feeling is normal, try to cut down on caffiene, as this helps. and try not to get too stressed, its normal to feel this way

Im the same op in 2 days but also had 6 ops on abdomen over the years so their expecting it may have to go to open but i dont care as know il be all the better for after op xx

your going through a completely natural process of having these thoughts before your op... i did aswell. Dont worry hun you will get to do all those things again... not straight away but you will eventually... but instead of like me eating everything in the kebab shop, you will only be able to and only want to eat a small amount.
You have got a wonderful jouney to look forward to... and you will probfind that you wont fancy that kebab anyway xx bug hugs to ya xx

Well there is lots of common sense being spoken above so won't add it to it as I agree with it all, but just wanted to say good luck & hope you feel better today, sweetie. :wave_cry: I too used to have horrible headaches pre op, but none since :):) xxx

All very normal to feel like that. I only had my op on Wednesday and it's amazing how tastes change, I had an drinking yogurt for breakfast and it was so delicious and I savoured every mouthful but before op it wouldn't of even touched the sides let alone I was able to taste lol. Still have a funny thing though where smells are so nice :) good luck for your ops x x x

Thanks everyone. I'm going to bed early tonight to see if I can nod off.

Back