• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time of the month ?

rachlou85

hi I know this might be to much info lol but I have my surgery Monday and have not had time of month for ages due to my needle but now luck would have it I have and I am just woundering dose it change the surgery at all or is it still ok has anyone else been in this situation thanx

Hi I was bleeding slightly when I had my op and all was ok, they never asked or mention it. All the best for Monday ? exciting times x

I was worried that I was due on 2 days before my surgery but I came on over a week before. I thought "great it will be over" but it wasn't, and the heparin injections only made it 1000x worse. I've been told to stop injecting the Clexane because I'm losing so much blood... It still hasn't stopped yet.

On the day of surgery I barely bled at all (I think it had stopped) but that evening was given the blood thinner and that's when my issues started. I've always been really heavy but this is horrific...

I'm sure you'll be fine but something to be aware of. Good luck xx

It didn't change the surgery at all but they wanted me to wear a sanitary towel and 100% cotton knickers, no tampons. Xx

i work in a operating theatre and when ever i go and get the ladies for there ops they some times mention it but as long as you wear a pad it isn't a problem, time of the month shouldn't be a cause to cancel your operation, speaking from past expearience i went in for a procedure and came on the day before and strangely it was the lightest period i had for a long time ( i am on meds for heavy periods) so it was heaven not having a heavy time of the month

Back