• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Arrrrrgh still constipated

Jim long may you continue to slide.....

once i got past the initial constipation from the meds they have us on i did not suffer any more

How long does the dried apricots and the benefibre take to kick in, cause if I dont go soon I will have to get dyno rod out.

Has anyone had that where they stick a tube up you bum and clear you out forgot what its called lol

colonic irrigation, dunno if i spelt it right

that job must really "STINK" lol:8855:

lol

Now please dont think Im dumb for saying this... but is it safe to have a colonic after a bypass?

its like waiting to give birth lol, im sure your turds due date wont be to far away now:)

pmsl girls... have you tried a suppository Teen?

yep Popped one in this morning all that came out was the suppositry and the same tonight lol. Need my head squeezing lol.

dunno what else to suggest teen, except lactulose but the sugar in that may make you dump... how ironic!

What I would do for a dump lol. Hope I clear out before Friday don't wanna go on the plane lol tell you when I do go I will be Sh#tting through the eye of a needle If I dont go tomorrow will mix the benefibre with movicol lol

Hi Teen

I hope there has been some movement!

I know this is a gross subject but I have had colonic irrigation before (before my band though) as I was really suffering and absolutely nothing would do the trick. I took various laxatives and movicol every day for 3 weeks and nothing worked so I had a series of colonics and they have sorted me out big time. A bit of a weird experience but in a sad kind of way actually quite refreshing. At the clinic they also recommended drinking aloe vera juice twice a day (tastes grim) and taking probiotic capsules called Udo's Choice. (You can get both from Holland & Barrett). I was really sceptical at first but it has helped me so much. It may be worth a try. I would definitely check with your Dr first though as this was all pre-op for me.

If all else fails there's always dynamite!

x

Am pondering the state of Teen's 'mail'.... I heard a rumble under the flagstones outside a few hours ago and wonder if Teen had got her mail moving?

Daft question though; are you drinking plenty of water, Teen? If you don't, the ahem, waste matter absorbs moisture from your bowels and that makes it difficult to pass.

Hello Teen,

Hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in (so to speak!). Your Movicol should do the trick - just take more of it. I take one sachet daily to prevent constipation (I had lots of surgery on my bottom recently) and it works really well. If I feel myself getting bunged up, I take more sachets. On the packaging it says you can take up to 8 sachets a day for bad cases but you need to take them within a certain time frame (?6 hours).

If that fails, you need to go get an enema. If a small microlax one fails, a phosphate enema should do the trick.

Once you've dropped (!) you need to work on not letting it happen again. That is where the dietary advice comes in. Apricots, linseeds, fibre, good hydration and a daily movicol for a while. Are you taking any painkillers? Co-codamol/co-dyramol and tramadol can make you badly constipated.

Hope you lighten your load soon!

Hope that helps xx

Back