• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Arrrrrgh still constipated

teen

post op loser
Anyone else suffered with having constipation since surgery its been 11 weeks now and Im still constipated I am taking movicol 2 or 3 times a day. I went this morning but thats the first time since Saturday and its yellow. I was never constipated before the surgery. And I have the horrid stabbing pains again.

Sorry if anyone is eating breakfast as you read this lol

Thanx :sick0019:

I suffer with constipation quite abit.... i tend to use senekot max and it helps me loads..... my consultant told me to use these.......

Try calling the nurse and see what they say
xxxx

Hi there, it is quite common with any restricting diet to get bunged up.

It happened to me in the first couple of months.

When I asked my doctor he said I needed to up my fluid intake (water) to flush things through. I told him I already drink 6-8 glasses a day but he said to get a 1 litre bottle and fill it and have 2 of these a day.

I put sugar free squash in mine and so far I have not suffered again.

Can you cope with dried fruit if there is no added sugar? Apricots worked wonders for me too (as did spinach)

Some of the post oppers take fibresure Teen. Its a powder that disolves in water and i believe it is tasteless and goes clear once disolved. If you have had a *clear out* this morning it might be worth giving that a go.

Hope the pain isnt too horrid xx

aww teen i am fine after the initial session of constipation. But increasing your fluid intake will help a lot plus try a few prunes as part of your breakfast or a dessert

Thanx all will try up my fluid intake lol. and carry on with the Movicol and will try some dried apricots will nip the shop tomorrow and get some. Drinking chocolate used to work for me but darnt have any lol

Yes Teen, I go for 2 or 3 days then have diarhea, I am drinking whey powder once a day (for the protein) which can give you the trots, so if you need a clear out! but don't try it if your going out, take it from me it's potent stuff.
Or a bowl of 'All Bran' each day would also help.
:wow:

Shel swears by Benefibre. I have seen this in Lloyds chemist.

Teen - I was the complete opposite last night, had a bad case of the squirts brought on by eating a left over reheated chicken fajita for lunch :D

I generally dont have a problem, though i eat far to much sweet stuff, which i suspect keeps me regular.

Try benefibre though to loosen ya bowls up ;)

Benefibre, Benefibre, Benefibre. I think this stuff is great, I add a spoonful to my morning cup of coffee or tea and never taste it! Also, I will take a mega dose of vit C to help get things moving, it always works and is natural.

Hope you sort it soon, must be really uncomfortable for you.

Nic:)

Gonna go asda get some Benefibre give that a go thanx all

Phats how do you get your dose of Vit C ?

I keep Vit C tablets in my bathroom, I will pop 2-3 when I feel constipated (1000-1500 mg). I was advised to do this many years ago when I was on Atkins, which was a low carb high protein diet like we are on now. Here is an article on various constipation remedies if you want to take a look:

Constipation

Everyone has their own way to deal with constipation, I hope that one of the many suggestions in this thread will help you out. Feel better soon!

Nic;)

I ended up taking laxatives last night as well as movicol and was in agony at 5am this morning. have been a bit today but I have bought some benefibre and some dried apricots so will see how I go

Thanx everyone you are indispensable

iv ndont suffer from it but my daughter has had from birth she now 9 so learnt alot from the clinics we been to. movocol doesnt make you go it just softens it to make it easier to come out so as well as movocol you should take something else to get it shifting but remember your bowels get used to the extra stimulation and when you stop taking it can get it back even worse for a while .

if your really bad take about 6 or 7 sachets of movocol then next day if you still not gone take 8 it will give you an explostion but it clears you out as instead of softening it it goes runny as soon as you get this stop taking it for a few days and this is a last resort messure for when your at the pain stage tummy aches etc

Hope everything comes out ok chucks lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I had this problem and tried all the laxatives and stuff but they disn't get me started. In the end I was suffering so much and couldn't go, so I phoned my surgeon and dietician up late at night in tears. They suggested I got some glycerin suppositories, so I went out to a late night chemist. It was hard as they made me "feel" like going staright away, but I resisted as long as I could. It worked for me and after that benefibre kept me going so I've never had to use them again. Give it a try...I hope it does the trick.

Hi yes I have had the glycerin suppositories aswell will see how i go with the fibre stuff lol

Hi had banmd fitted on 10 march and had bad stomach pain felt like shitting a brick sideways sorry fopr description took lactulose really cheap from chemist and 24hrs later thing of beauty. Slide baby slide
Cheers
James

Hi had banmd fitted on 10 march and had bad stomach pain felt like shitting a brick sideways sorry fopr description took lactulose really cheap from chemist and 24hrs later thing of beauty. Slide baby slide
Cheers
James

hi james,
be careful with lactulose as it is packed full of sugar.

Back