• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tinks Journey - Pre Op assessment disaster

Gosh that is awful for you Tink, I really hope that on the day of your op everything is going to be ok. Its awful for you, because you are having to make arrangements for things at home to be covered and don't know if your op is going to happen or not. My heart goes out to you - hoping very much that everything is ok. Regards

Julie (teapot)

OH NO!!
I'm scared do death now....
I've got my pre-op on the 22nd Oct, and now am crapping it!!
When i went to the one-stop apt at the hospital end of Aug, they couldn't even take my blood pressure!
They tried on my arm, round my wrist and even on my ankle!!
I so so hope they dont have any problems this time and hope my BP aint high....

Let us know Tink, how u get on. xx
I have high BP and I am on tablets for it (Ramipril) but it is coming down very nicely at the moment. But it means that I am always having my BP done - and I don't enjoy that!:sigh:

They always have problems with getting my BP using one of the new machines (obviously my baby fat wrists are too big for the technology :eek:) What they usually have to do is to use an old fashioned manual cuff and stethescope (sp) to get a reading but most places have to root around for the old cuffs now :( (The only difference is that there is a wide range of cuff sizes so it doesn't come apart when it inflates which is what happens when I use the normal "one size fits all" :mad: modern machine - the one in the obesity clinic is bigger and the machine always works)

But don't worry, they will get your BP - and the "old fashioned way might be the way to go!

I always try to calm myself when I have my BP done. My favourite at the moment sounds daft (but it does work!) - I look away from the machine, breath slowly and deeply and visualise myself stroking a lovely, calm cat.

Hope it all works out for you!

love

TillyBob

Just a quick update - I had my bloodpressure done yesterday and it was the best it's been since I went on medication - whoop whoop - see you on the losing side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back