• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tinned soup day 3

msunique

Hi

I have just had a tin of tomato soup the 300ml it took me 25 mins to eat it, and now my tum feel very heavy, have i had too much? To be fair my tum has been feeling heavy since the op so i am unsure what all these feeling mean,

Im ok with tomato soup but im nearly 4 weeks out,ive had 200ml of heinz no probs.might be a bit too soon plus 2 tablespoons should be more than enough at your stage.Maz x

Thanks Maz,

It felt fine going down, I ate it with a teaspoon and my diet sheet says a cup full of soup is ok.

Its now I have finished that it feel quite heavy but it felt heavy before I started too lol I have no idea what I am doing!!

I am now day 5 post op and I'll never eat that much. It was really big portion for you slow down. Find something else to do I think we still think that food is our main point in the day. I have start painting and reading and have really enjoy it. I wish you all the beat.

Hi Fattouma, you'll find bypass patients can eat larger amounts than us sleevers. I was the same as you with my sleeve initially where 1/2 tin of soup just wouldn't have fitted in, now 8 weeks post op I can manage about 1/3 can.

Debbie, you'll know when you've had too much, you'll feel really uncomfortable, not just heavy. Your not even 2 weeks post op so there is still swelling and healing going on in your tummy which will take another few weeks to calm down. 25mins for 300ml of soup is good and I hope that means that you are enjoying it too, eating slowly is the new way to eat for you now.

Thanks, I have been fine with it thankfully, I needed something thicker than oxo lol

Thinking of you.... I watered down most things at this stage including tinned soup... so easy to make your own Angel... to your liking.

At your side, it's early days. Love and hugs xxx

Back