• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tips on losing the last of the weight?

Barne

Hi

I had my mini gastric bypass at the end of July last year (7 months ago).

It’s been incredible so far. Loved every moment of it! I’ve lost just over 7 stone and I couldn’t be happier.

In the past 6 weeks I have found it more and more difficult to lose any weight. I have about 2 stone to lose to be in the ‘healthy’ weight range . I can definitely eat a normal amount again now (but I certainly can’t binge like I used to!)

I do still work out a lot. I do cardio as well as weights and I really enjoy it. I tend to go to the gym 3/4 times a week.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated? Or how to keep going when it gets hard? How did you lose the last couple of stone?

Sorry for the long post. I’m grateful for any advice!

Thanks

Hi

I had my mini gastric bypass at the end of July last year (7 months ago).

It’s been incredible so far. Loved every moment of it! I’ve lost just over 7 stone and I couldn’t be happier.

In the past 6 weeks I have found it more and more difficult to lose any weight. I have about 2 stone to lose to be in the ‘healthy’ weight range . I can definitely eat a normal amount again now (but I certainly can’t binge like I used to!)

I do still work out a lot. I do cardio as well as weights and I really enjoy it. I tend to go to the gym 3/4 times a week.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated? Or how to keep going when it gets hard? How did you lose the last couple of stone?

Sorry for the long post. I’m grateful for any advice!

Thanks
I am 5 months out and weight loss slowing for me, it is a constant struggle xx

Hi @Barne

I had had VSG with Dr Chris just over one week ago. Congratulations with your massive amount of weight loss so far.

You mentioned that you can eat normal amounts of food. Have you had a look into the composition of your food? I mean is it high carb, high fat, or high protein. Also I know a few longtermers that I've watched on youtube seem to focus on high protein to keep the weight loss momentum going. Also lots of people seem to do a reset diet when they feel they need to feel a bit of restriction again. I don't know if you've tried any of these to jumpstart your weight loss.

Good luck!

Back