• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss tips

TrulySlim

Hi guys,

I'm at the stage where I have to lose my 5-10% body weight (before I meet my surgeon in mid Feb), which the dietician calculated as 1-2 stone.
This will take me between 20.5 - 21.5 stone.

Any weight loss tips??

:)

Cut out the carbs, or really reduce them. Steak and salad without potatoes, chicken and veg without the mash! Load up on meat and veg. Also cut out bread.
Others may disagree but it works for me. Good luck.

definately no fizzy pop its amazing what a difference it makes. Start eating off a small side plate rather than a dinner plate easy way to cut down your portion size x x

Cut out the carbs, or really reduce them. Steak and salad without potatoes, chicken and veg without the mash! Load up on meat and veg. Also cut out bread.

This, plus drink loads of water.

Also exercise. Things like leg lifts, arm curls etc. Aerobic exercise (walking, swimming etc) will burn calories while you are doing the activity but these 'muscle based' ones are the ones that carry on burning calories for a while afterwards - even in to the next day.

Google sites for advice on building them up according to your fitness level so you don't hurt yourself.

Try to think of this as a new life style
Buy a diet plate they are great but a tad expensive..they portion everything out for you
Drink a large glass of water or weak squash before a meal helps fill you up and also helps with your water intake

I too could lose a lot on low carb diets. Dukan was very sucessful. Hard to keep going long term but does get results fast so even a couple of weeks of that then and sticking to a less stringent low carb diet should see you hit those targets.

Back