• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Miss Tickle - Just a few more pounds

Our loose skin weighs so the BMI chart is incorrect. Until we have our skin removed (if we choose to) we will never be 'text book' on that flipping scale. If our skin problem is considerable we can even if we are in Ketosis but be classed as overweight on the chart. That sucks and is something I bear in mind about my future - not to get too hung-up on weights and measures xxxx

That may be true hun and I know I have loose skin but further down the line you just don't care and want to go as low as you can. If the body will still give it the majority of us wil take it.

I am doing a combo. I really like the 5:2 way of eating and also like slimming world so I'm doing both. I have been using 5:2 to maintain as I do have a few high calorie things now and again. I also weigh in at SW as it really keeps me on track.
I have always stuck to basics apart from the high calorie naughties lol. I still use a side plate, eat my protein first, never drink with meals and chew, chew, chew. I am incapable of eating a large meal.
One thing I have noticed is that I need to keep my calories fairly low even to maintain. If I ever 1500 wrought goes on. I am very active but just seem not to need many calories. I have never been just able to relax and eat whatever. It doesn't bother me though, just a way of life now.
To lose now I'm trying 2 days on 500 calories and 5 days on 1000.
Xx

I've just started the 5:2 diet. This is my first week so I don't know if it will work for me but I was speaking to my sister last night and she did it. She hasn't ever had a weight problem but she has been 10 stone most of her adult life, healthy bmi but at the top of it rather than the middle. She did it and lost half a stone and now maintains doing it 1 day a week. The reason I bring it up is because her body shape has changed! she works with horses and has always had quite thick thighs and bum for her size but now she looks even all over. I'm more than impressed with it looking at her results. Good luck with it, I will be interested to see your results and hopefully I will get some too :) x

Gosh Jane, your BMI is very low already. Would you still be in the healthy range if you lost another 7lbs?
My GP says less than 20 is not good. I thought down to 18 was ok but he says not
I would be at about 21 so not going too low! Can't ever imagine myself in that situation, love food too much.

A couple of the girls where I work are doing the 5/2 diet and seem to be losing quite well on it. I think I am going to have a go at the Slimming World and see how it goes.

Well done on getting through the first bit, and I am looking forward to seeing how you get on with it all.

Another day completed and I feel in control and motivated. I like proving to myself that I actually have will power and self control xx

Well done to all I need lose another 4 stone myself I'm 17 stone at moment started at 27.5 stone had one knee replacement and having another oct 12 th hope get weight loss back on track

You're doing great Mecca. 5:2 is where you fast 2 days a week and eat normally 5 days. For men the fast day is no more than 600 calories.
I wish I could lose 10lb in 10 days Kelly lo

Completed another cycle and on the non fast days had lots of social occasions. I am very happy to have lost another pound despite the partying.

Yes Emma I am losing weight doing this, be it very slowly. I am happy for it to be slow though as it feels like I think it would for a normal person. I now accept that I am not in a race and that as my BMI is less than 25 slow losses are safe losses.
I am loving doing it and will use it to maintain again when I get to where I am sure I am happy. I know I want to be comfortably 11 stone something with my clothes on. Its a psychological thing for me. The fasting reminds me that I am in control and has taken away my fear or regain. It is also helping me to stop
obsessing and relax more on the non fast days
Xx

Back