• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tips for re-boost

Kellylou

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has tips to kick start weight loss! I'm 6 1/2 months post sleeve and find that the weight loss has slowed right down to some times losing nothing each week! I'm walking a lot more and think I'm eating ok however I do find high sources of protein such as meat a challenge. I've lost around 6 1/2 stone so knew it would slow down but really need to boost the losses so I can lose a little more!

Hi @Kellylou, if you find high sources of protein a challenge does that mean your not getting much protein in, what are you managing/eating?

Protein veg and more protein and veg works well for me. I only have refined carbs, such as wholemeal pasta, rice etc on days I have exercised :D

Im managing most foods, I have found meat difficult to tolerate but have started to eat more minced meat as this is easier. I could probably do with adding more veg...... which are best protein wise?

What about the high protein yogurts, quark, protein milk drinks? Protein bars or shakes (I hate them)! Can you do tuna? Or things like tinned mackerel? Then there is half fat mozzarella, lovely with salad and a few crackers!

Have you tried bacon? I found that easy when I started solids. Or things like cauliflower cheese - veg and protein from milk & cheese. Baked beans are quite good too.

Hi Hannah, I can't do protein shakes they make me gag! I have been eating quite a bit of tuna and beans, I also have started to buy the pre cooked bacon as it's a quick fix for a quick protein boost..... I'm going to try and introduce more fish although I've never been much of a fishy person but hoping I've acquired new tastes lol

I tried the bounce balls not my thing lol, I've started with queen mince and beans and tried the grenade bars! Something must've worked as I'm diwn 5lb in 2 weeks so looks like my stall is over x

Back