• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to go liquid or not......

nikshikari

I am about to start my Pre-Op diet and my doctor has given me the Liver Reduction Diet of eating lean food, low carb etc. Now with this diet i am afraid that it will be so easy for me to slip in the odd bad food which i really dont want. I know with the liquid diet i will be alot stricter with myself. Sounds odd i know. What diet are you guys and gals doing? Havent got my actual date as yet.... Just waiting for a bed. I am already healthy eating to try and shift a few pounds before surgery. I have done the whole bulk eating like i am never going to eat again and gained a stone since i last seen my surgeon :sign0007: and feel pretty disgusted with myself. I cannot wait to get this part of my life into action xxx

I am about to start my Pre-Op diet and my doctor has given me the Liver Reduction Diet of eating lean food, low carb etc. Now with this diet i am afraid that it will be so easy for me to slip in the odd bad food which i really dont want. I know with the liquid diet i will be alot stricter with myself. Sounds odd i know. What diet are you guys and gals doing? Havent got my actual date as yet.... Just waiting for a bed. I am already healthy eating to try and shift a few pounds before surgery. I have done the whole bulk eating like i am never going to eat again and gained a stone since i last seen my surgeon :sign0007: and feel pretty disgusted with myself. I cannot wait to get this part of my life into action xxx

Hi :)
I was the same, I've opted to follow the Cambridge Plan so I wouldnt be tempted :) xx

I will Google 'The Cambridge Plan' Now :) Thank you xx

I will Google 'The Cambridge Plan' Now :) Thank you xx

Its basically a liquid diet BUT you can have a small 'green & white' based meal eg chicken/white fish/cottage cheese/tuna with green veg or salad.

I've actually lost 4.5st in the past on this diet :break_diet::break_diet:
but I always go back to bad ways, hence the surgery decision!

But it works in the same way as low carb diet, you go into ketosis which rids the liver of 'stuff' 1st :) I am only on it for the 2 weeks leading up to surgery but may follow it after for a while as I really like the packs and find it easy to follow xxx

That seems simple enough. Its similar to what my doc has given me anyway. Thanks xx

Back