• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To tuck or not to tuck?

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

Saw my surgeon yesterday who checked me over and said, "Okay, you're doing really well...blah blah...I'll just complete the referral for your plastics...blah blah...". I was a bit surprised to say the least. Haven't really thought about plastic surgery and not sure if I want to go through all that.

I don't think my skin is too bad but my surgeon said my tummy "could do with a trim" and asked if I was happy with my boobs, arms & legs. Said I wasn't 'happy' with any of it really (but that doesn't mean I want it all operated on). Went along with referral anyway though and thought I'd see what the plastics team say.

Just wanted to know what you guys think about plastics. If you've had it or not why did you make that decision? If you have had it what did you have? Was it worth it? And what was the recovery like?

Hope you can help :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I always said i wouldnt have the plastics......but the smaller i get the worse my tum looks, it also effects the clothes i can wear, still not sure if its for me personally, but if its what u want then go for it xxx

Haha it's all your fault but now I can't stop thinking about it. I've heard it's really hard to get funding, but I guess, as with everything, it is a postcode lottery!!

All I can say is hell yes, I'm going to get everything I can nipped, tucked & sucked if it needs it eventually! Although personally, I plan to wait until I've maintained for a couple of years. Sounds like you have a good Dr though & hoping you get the funding if you decide to go ahead with it....no idea what the NHS funding situation will be for me down here when I'm ready....

Every meeting I have been to Angie they say NO skin ops on the NHS usually more than once! I think they are trying to get the message across before we have our ops now :-( Good luck for you though, and the worst they can say is no.

Every meeting I have been to Angie they say NO skin ops on the NHS usually more than once! I think they are trying to get the message across before we have our ops now :-( Good luck for you though, and the worst they can say is no.

Well I know others have said that for Cornwall PCT, but I must admit, no-one even uttered a word about it when I went through the process....we'll see although tbh, I was probably expecting to have to cough up myself, but my premis is...if you don't ask....!!!!

Wow - how lucky. Wish my PCT held the same view!

I am planning plastics this summer, but I'm a lot older than you and therefore likely to be a lot more saggy. There is no chance of plastics being funded on the NHS here unless you have a BMI of less than 25 with two years maintained at that level.

I have just had a Fleur DE lyes tummy tuck done last Wednesday and up to Saturday would have said don't do it but now all I can say is go for it. I always said I would like a tummy tuck to get rid of the skin although I didn't have that much but to mainly get rid of the stretch marks, when i went to see the plastic surgeon I really didn't think I would get anything done but he agreed to do labiaplasty which was done in Feb, my tummy tuck and also a breast lift,

when i went to see the plastic surgeon just before i was admitted for the tummy tuck i told him i didn't like the tops of my legs, not that they are to bad but because my waist can fit into my size 8 jeans but my legs struggle :( he just said don't worry we can do them to, this i am really undecided on as i don't want the scars, all the others can be hidden but the legs cant so I'm hoping that the gym will help to tone them up a bit and i wont need this extra surgery, but i have now started to look at myself more and more and have decided i defiantly want my eyelids done as the skin hangs down quite bad so will be asking about this.

the only thing that worries me is even after all this surgery will i ever be happy with the way i look, that i cant answer yet :( but i would say take what you are offered with both hands as we are the lucky ones as many cant get anything on the NHS :)

Got to say plastics has been the cream on the cake for me. I have self funded all of it...TT, arms, thigh lift, upper backlift, face lift, boob the lot. It has completed my wls journey and I couldn't be more pleased

Go for it if you can get it

M

CCPm can I ask what the scars are like from the thigh lift? and also did you have a boob lift or a boob lift with a boob job? if you had a boob lift can i ask what size you were before and what you are now as i have always been a big girl in the boobie dept and am currently a DD but my PS said i will go to a B/C this horrifies me as I was that size when i was 13 lol

Last edited:
Wow thanks everyone. Some useful stuff there to think about...especially Madstaffyblonde and CCPM. Looks like researching this is going to keep me very busy for the next few months!

Ooh...can you tell us more about the scars & pain?

Thank you so much for your answer...how were you feeling till Saturday if you don't mind me asking. After my bypass I actually wanted to die for a while- thought that would be easier than the pain. I really dont know if I can handle all that again.

I made the mistake of looking at some before and after pics and now feel 100 times worse about my stomach and now really want a tummy tuck! I think I would have it done if offered, but probably after I have kids. Is there any point in having it done beforehand?

Hi Lisa I can't say I've had pain as I had both my bypass and tummy tuck without pain relief but it was the fact I couldn't move about like I wanted to, getting in and out of bed it was more fustation than anything else but I do tend to get tired very quick at the monent and walk up the shops would be a no no as I need to sit down after about 5 mins walk as I can feel everything getting tight inside :) but the results are so so worth it as with the bypass and given the chance I would do it all over again

I made the mistake of looking at some before and after pics and now feel 100 times worse about my stomach and now really want a tummy tuck! I think I would have it done if offered, but probably after I have kids. Is there any point in having it done beforehand?

Well I've been told that if you have it before you just don't stretch as much during pregnancy. Sounds okay to me! Means I could poss do it before my wedding (when i get round to booking it :)) I'm still going to find out lots more at the appt though. Eeek!

Hi Lisa I can't say I've had pain as I had both my bypass and tummy tuck without pain relief but it was the fact I couldn't move about like I wanted to, getting in and out of bed it was more fustation than anything else but I do tend to get tired very quick at the monent and walk up the shops would be a no no as I need to sit down after about 5 mins walk as I can feel everything getting tight inside :) but the results are so so worth it as with the bypass and given the chance I would do it all over again

Thanks so much! That's good to hear about the pain....the tightness and lack of mobility for a while sounds do-able. Do you know how long you they expect you to have difficulty getting about for though? I'm just wondering how long I'd have to have off work. I feel so bad already after the bypass and my gallbladder op. I work with special needs children who can be quite physical though so I'd need to be fully recovered before going back.

Sorry I'm late in replying but here I am now. the thigh lift scars have surprised me they are not bad at all. I was surprised when i viewed them Mr G does them slightly further back than other surgeons but they are very thin already and he stitches not staples. I have to say although this op was a litle more difficult in getting mobilised my pain has been minimal with all of them and almost nothing after a day or so.

Bazookas were uplifted and augmented. Mr R would not just do a lift on me as he said there was almost no tissue left. I was a D cup before wls 44D and then went down to 36B when they were all rolled up into my bra. Now I'm 36/38D and they don't need a bra (i'm an old fuddy diuddy so I do wear one or rather 2 dozen me and la senza are new best friends!!!) but that changes over time as they drop into place and when gravity plays its role.

I loved the effect of plastics and as I had no problems I would recommend it to anyone. Yep its a bit restrictive to start with and the compression garments are delicious and irritating but the results for me were spectacular and I love the new me.

Good luck

M

Back