• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens at the consultation with the plastic surgeon?

Sambucca

Hello :)

I'm just starting the ball rolling with regards to plastics, and have loads of questions so you may see lots of threads from me. I know we dont have many plastics peeps posting on here at the moment, but hopefully any that are lurking will post.

My bariatric team said my weight is OK now to ask the GP for a referral, and I will do so when I come back from my hols in about 3 weeks, but I'm already thinking ahead about the possibility of a consultation with the surgeon.

So apart from having to strip off so they can get a good look at you, what else happens? Did you go in with an idea of what surgery you wanted, and did your surgeon agree with you? If having surgery on the NHS, did the surgeon turn you down for all/some of what you wanted done?

Hi I went to see a plastic surgeon a few years ago after I had lost alot of weight with lighterlife (obviously all back on now).

We had a discussion about what I wanted and what my expectations were. He then examined me (poked around my tummy and lifted up skin etc, he also checked my abdominal muscles to see if they would need tightening). He then told me what he felt he could do and what result I would likely to be able to achieve. He also said that he would be able to do a small amount of liposuction around my pubic bone area so that didnt bulge, (you may not have this problem).

I had seen someone who had already had the surgery with this particular surgeon and the results were amazing.

This is something that I will definatley be doing after I have lost weight this time!!! Should have done it before and maybe I wouldnt have put it all back on again???lol

Good luck, only go with someone you feel comfortable with and if possible talk to previous patients. xx

I went to see one privately. He asked questions and looked at everything i wanted doing. My hubbys face was a picture when he held my boobs in the correct place I wish I had had a camera lol. Just got to think that they do it all day long so dont feel embarrassed. Got to go back on Monday to see him again. Write down all the questions you have too.

Good luck hope you get one soon

Jo
xx

Thanks Jo x

I had to get my PCT to agree before I even saw a surgeon.

When I did meet him he went through my medical back ground and the reasons I wanted it. He discussed the procedure and the risks. Then said 'right lets look at your tummy to see if you do need it done.' This took me aback a bit as I already had funding but I suppose if he didnt feel I needed it he wasn't going to operate, which is fair.
Anyway he agreed I definitely needed it. He drew on my tummy and showed me what he would take away. After, we chatted again and he asked if I still wanted to go ahead and what questions did I want to ask.
That was it really, he then put me on the waiting list. :D

Back