• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with my pre op diet please?

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
hey matey peeps, sorry to be thick but i think i need a little help :confused:
im on the 1000 cals a day diet, low carb and low fat.
Ive been logging it on my fitness pal. But yesterday my sugar was 55g and today its 59g. My calories have been under 1000 though, am i messing this up?
Thanks in advance xxx

You've not been told low sugar tho have you caren? It's so weird you all of a sudden being the one asking the questions..our guru who has helped all lol. I'm sure so long as you're following providers plan you are fine but that was one of the reasons I switched to milk diet by day 3...too much choice and it over complicates things :D xx

You've not been told low sugar tho have you caren? It's so weird you all of a sudden being the one asking the questions..our guru who has helped all lol. I'm sure so long as you're following providers plan you are fine but that was one of the reasons I switched to milk diet by day 3...too much choice and it over complicates things :D xx
hahahahaha :D im so scared of messing it up!!
The diet says low energy/low carbs, gawd lol xxx

and ive copied this bit from the diet sheet

Essentially the diet is simple, and mainly involves trying to cut out fats and restrict calorie (energy) intake.
Dr Cierny recommends a daily calorie intake of approx 1000 calories.

You are just as human as us pet we all stress over similar stuff. xx one in a million xx:p
im human? hahaha i wonder sometimes :rolleyes: xxx

we're super human come on get it right. us ladies are superior, sorry fellas xx
well i cant disagree with that lol
I am very happy single, and the only reason i can think of to have one, is to take the rubbish out! but i manage nicely thanks ) xxx

Not long to go now Caren... you are doing great and you'll be fine xxx

it been a while since i been on here properly, missed out on sooooo much, eeeekkkkk u will soon b on the losing bench xxxx

Not long to go now Caren... you are doing great and you'll be fine xxx
Thanks Jen, just cant seem to find anyone who knows the answer to my question :sigh: hope its ok lol xxx

and ive copied this bit from the diet sheet

Essentially the diet is simple, and mainly involves trying to cut out fats and restrict calorie (energy) intake.
Dr Cierny recommends a daily calorie intake of approx 1000 calories.

Low sugar or lower sugar would be less than 5g per 100g, food labels will also list carbs as 'of which sugars'. Maybe some of the grams are coming from carbs :confused:

Have they given you a carb / fat max ? xx

I'm the same Caren, I counted calories last week with my fitness pal and then this week I am doing the milk diet. My sugars have been high too. Fat free yoghurts have a lot of sugar.......it's a right learning curve isnt it!

Low sugar or lower sugar would be less than 5g per 100g, food labels will also list carbs as 'of which sugars'. Maybe some of the grams are coming from carbs :confused:

Have they given you a carb / fat max ? xx
this is what it says mazza

Fish is a good form of protein to focus on, and you can fill up on salad, peppers, tomato, celery cooked veg and fruit. Remember to try to avoid eating much potato, and to severely limit all “starchy” foods such as pasta, rice, bread etc.
Biscuits, cakes, sweet foods and sugary soft drinks will seriously hamper your efforts at pre-op weight loss, and biscuits and cakes also have a high fat content – please avoid them...it isn’t for long, and it will be worth it! Any weight you lose on this diet will NOT come back after your surgery!

Best of luck Caren x

Hi Caren,

I did the Slimfast pre-op diet and they have about 25 grams of sugar/carbs in each bottle .... and the slimfast diet is 4 x Slimfast a day (plus miso soup, 1 x cup a soup a day).

Therefore my total carbs/sugars each day would have been over 100 grams but I lost weight easily and my liver was nicely shrunk.

Hi Caren,

I did the Slimfast pre-op diet and they have about 25 grams of sugar/carbs in each bottle .... and the slimfast diet is 4 x Slimfast a day (plus miso soup, 1 x cup a soup a day).

Therefore my total carbs/sugars each day would have been over 100 grams but I lost weight easily and my liver was nicely shrunk.
Thanks Sharon, that has helped a lot xxx

Back