• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with my pre op diet please?

Hi my lovely :D stop worrying ... this is a fatty liver reducing diet & only 2 weeks duration. If you tried to cut sugar as well as carbs & fat you would be a rabbit :eek: It is not ideal to consume so much sugar but for this purpose you will be FINE ... a bit greyer though if you keep this up, lol :D:D xxx

Its difficult to say Caren without knowing what makes up these 55g ie where they come from. I suspect from veg and fruit, which is fine or hidden sugars - ie low fat yoghurts but fi you havent been given a limit and you are concerned give them a call xx

Hi my lovely :D stop worrying ... this is a fatty liver reducing diet & only 2 weeks duration. If you tried to cut sugar as well as carbs & fat you would be a rabbit :eek: It is not ideal to consume so much sugar but for this purpose you will be FINE ... a bit greyer though if you keep this up, lol :D:D xxx
i was just worried that the amout of sugar i was having, would stop my liver shrinking, but from what Sharon said, it will be fine :) xxx

i was just worried that the amout of sugar i was having, would stop my liver shrinking, but from what Sharon said, it will be fine :) xxx

Course it will ... unless your sugar is coming in the form of the hard stuff :eek::eek: bahahaha xxx

Hi Caren,

Apart from your pre-op diet worries, how are your preparations for your op in Brno going? Have you got anyone coming with you to the airport and collecting you (e.g. your daughter or other friend)?

I am guessing you are travelling out there alone (but let me know if I am wrong on this) .... although I know that at least one other member of WLS, claire-anna, is having a wrap with the same surgeon a few days after you.

How long do you get to stay in the hospital to recover before flying back to the UK?

Best wishes,
Sharon

Hi Caren,

Apart from your pre-op diet worries, how are your preparations for your op in Brno going? Have you got anyone coming with you to the airport and collecting you (e.g. your daughter or other friend)?

I am guessing you are travelling out there alone (but let me know if I am wrong on this) .... although I know that at least one other member of WLS, claire-anna, is having a wrap with the same surgeon a few days after you.

How long do you get to stay in the hospital to recover before flying back to the UK?

Best wishes,
Sharon
sorry sharon i missed this. Im travelling out with 2 other people who ive got to know on fb. Im taking a mini bus to the airport and back, they run hourly. All ive got to do now is pack, and get rid of this cold :rolleyes: lol xxx

Sharonimo said:
Hi Caren,

Best wishes,
Sharon

hey.... Yes I'm going the day before Caren... I'll be saving her a bed :) x

hey.... Yes I'm going the day before Caren... I'll be saving her a bed :) x
woop!!!! be great to meet you, in case you dont recognise me, i'll be the fat one :D hahahaha xxx

How exciting for you Caren.....seems like forever, to me, that you've been waiting......let alone how long it has seemed for you..

Glad that its nearly here and while your in hospital you can start designing those black sack numbers!!!!!!!

Speedy recovery XXXXX

Caren said:
woop!!!! be great to meet you, in case you dont recognise me, i'll be the fat one :D hahahaha xxx

Pahaaaahahaha!! What u like, I'll be the other fat one I'm pretty sure there will be other fat ones joining us lol.... Fat... But not for long... I reckon in a years time we should all meet up and go shopping!!! Xx

Good luck with your ops girls! X

That's Hun all wrapped I am!! How was your experience clairyb xx?

Hope you are doing well! I had the sleeve - the hospital in Turnov was a lovely relaxed smallish hospital, not like the hustle and bustle of over here! I have put a few pics on the Dr Hruby thread I think! I had pain for the first day, and went through the motions of being sick when I woke up, without actually being sick! The nurses were so lovely, as soon as you rang the bell they were there, so I didnt have to put up with the pain long.......cant say I didnt wonder what I had done at one point tho!! Then I just kept feeling better every day after that.......I was really ready to come home on the sunday (there were no flights on the saturday to Leeds so stayed another night. All in all it was a real positive experience for me, nice single ensuite room and pleasant atmosphere and you felt you were in safe hands, Dr Hruby is lovely. Sometimes Uk surgeons can seem a bit aloof can they not!!

clairyb said:
Hope you are doing well! I had the sleeve - the hospital in Turnov was a lovely relaxed smallish hospital, not like the hustle and bustle of over here! I have put a few pics on the Dr Hruby thread I think! I had pain for the first day, and went through the motions of being sick when I woke up, without actually being sick! The nurses were so lovely, as soon as you rang the bell they were there, so I didnt have to put up with the pain long.......cant say I didnt wonder what I had done at one point tho!! Then I just kept feeling better every day after that.......I was really ready to come home on the sunday (there were no flights on the saturday to Leeds so stayed another night. All in all it was a real positive experience for me, nice single ensuite room and pleasant atmosphere and you felt you were in safe hands, Dr Hruby is lovely. Sometimes Uk surgeons can seem a bit aloof can they not!!

Well you sound as if the experience went well for you and I'm glad about that...I'm really well also, exactly the same as you, I had the moment of regret, but every day I was better, plus I had such a laugh... Onwards and downwards now... I lost 13lbs :) xx

Back