• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post-op liquid phase .... what to 'eat'

miss_malone

So I bought every different kind of soup that campbells do lol

As I can only manage about a quarter of a can at a time its going to last me a while!

Ive been blending chicken or ham or turkey into the soup to up the protein - its still liquid so I figure its fine!

Also bought a few different flavours of protein powder. The breskfast time protein shake I've been making into a bit of a smoothie with some banana and strawberries blended in so Im getting dome fresh fruit. Again its liquid when I drink it so presuming its ok!

Right now I am managing 2 protein shakes and a quarter tin of soup every day. With the bit of blended fruit and chicken in these I think my cals are at about 525 and my protein is about 65g.

How does this sound to longer term sleevers?

Also any tips on other good liquid stage high protein options?

Also it takes me from breakfast time to lunch time to put away a 200 ml protein shake and from lunch till late afternoon to put away the other. So there really isnt much time or toom for anything else lol

Fruit smoothies are good too. You can add skimmed milk powder to them to bump up the protein. I make my own from frozen berries, pouring yogurt, milk and half a banana. I strain it through a sieve to get rid of the pips :)

Fruit smoothies are good too. You can add skimmed milk powder to them to bump up the protein. I make my own from frozen berries, pouring yogurt, milk and half a banana. I strain it through a sieve to get rid of the pips :)

Hi - can I ask what the skimmed milk powder is, as in brand and where you get it and is it expensive? Is this an alternative to protein powder you can buy from health food shops or the same thing? Thanks x

Marvel or the shops own will do :). It's not an alternative to protein powder. My provider advised against using protein shakes, as they prefer you to get it from natural food sources. But yours might have told you different. You can also use slim fast, but be careful of the sugar content. Complain is also a good build up drink while on liquid phase.

Many thanks :) I was just trying to buy a few bits in to prepare for immediate post-op but it's hard doing it without guidance. I was looking at protein bars in Asda as someone else had mentioned them but they all looked very high sugar to me? So I'll think I'll just wait now until I have my pre-operative assessment. I don't want to end up with a load of stuff in that I can't actually eat/drink!

Back