• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Todays Manchester Meet with Piccies!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
the other thread was getting confusing, so thought we needed a dedicated thread for this meet up!

So far...

Shel
?Sara
?Homer
PG + Mr PG
?Claire (depends on teeth)
Richard
HC

No

Honey
Liz
Richard
Emma G
Ols
Nic

Meeting at 2pm at the meeting point, which is in the centre by customer services (all marked on the guide at http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/media/Guides/webmap_nov08.pdf )

If anyone is coming at a different time could you let me know please?

Does anyone want to stay over and have a drink/see a film in the evening?

The Trafford Centre, Manchester
Manchester Trafford Centre South Hotel | Information - cheap quality budget hotel rooms - Premier Inn

Ollie is staying at Travelodge - Hotel overview and I'll be picking up/dropping off there if anyone else would like a lift let me know.

Last edited:
Just popping on quickly before going out... I am staying over, as it's too far to travel in one day :)

I'm up for a movie...

x

I've been looking at Travelodges further out of town - Manchester Birch on the M62 has rooms between 19 and 39 quid a night :)

Shel, would you be coming into M'chester via the M62? If so, would you be willing to pick me up?

Or there's Oldham... MK, is that easier for public transport to and from the Trafford Centre?

x

Last edited:
Birch Services are the other side of Manchester to me Ols :( Is there one at Burtonwood?

I'll be going through Liverpool and across, have a look on a road map and see if there is anything near the M62 that way.

Warrington? Or Warrington Lymm Services? Or Haydock St Helens?

x

I can do Warrington Lymm no problem. It's a truck stop lol, so there'll be loads of truckers around for you!

Can't wait sounds like it will be a great night! i'm not far from the trafford centre at all so if anyone needs picked up or anything let me know. x

So what time suits people best? If we're planning on doing the evening thing would people rather meet around 4ish to give time for a bit of shopping, chatting, something (small) to eat etc? There are a few places at TC like Yo Sushi and La Tasca that are ideal for post op as they do small plates with healthy options but there are loads of restaurants etc. And a bowling alley. And a lazer quest. And a climbing wall!

4pm will be great am up for doing anything although will give the climbing wall a miss especially if alcohol will be involved!!!! La Tasca is great tiny portions x

So 4pm then, and I think someone earlier recommended the top of the stair case in the Great Hall to meet up? I've only been there once so am not the best person to advise.

Warning to everyone though, I'll be using my cripple-chariot. And walking sticks.

Well Shell if i get pissed i might just need your sticks by the end of the night!! really looking forward to meeting everyone xx

listen shel make sure you bring yr sticks with you because i will be kicking you out of yr chariot when i need a rest from all the activities you have planned for us.
does the climbing wall have a hiost!!!!

LOL HC there will not be rides going free on my chariot! Not got anything planned, everyone can do whatever they like :)

On a serious note, if anyone else is mobility impaired or disabled etc there is a shopmobility at the TC where you can hire wheelchairs/scooters etc and disabled parking etc. PM me for details.

Now just next door there is the chill factor e which is an indoor ski centre if you're feeling fit and able...

Can I come too please? It would be lovely to have a chat with you all about our ops! x

Back