• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomorrows the Big Day!!!

Well it is finally here. Tomorrow I am having my gastric bypass. Finished the liquid protein diet yesterday and today is clear liquids only. Pre-op diet I lost over 20 pounds making my total weight loss before surgery to be almost 50 pounds. I am kinda feeling numb right now but I don't know if that is just me masking the fear I have about tomorrow and whats ahead of me. After all this I am so afraid of failing :( and afraid of succeeding as well as I have lived in this body for so long, it is all I know. But I look forward to where life will take me and there is no turning back now :) Wish me luck :) xx

All the best. Everything will be fine. Keep us up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck!!

If you didn't feel what your feeling I'd be worried. For years we have been indoctrinated by society & ourselves to hate ourselves, fear the loss of our comfort blanket fat suit & fear regaining it or it not working. It's all part of the grand roller coaster journey we are on. In many ways you've done the tough part resisting your demons & habits without the self will etc to resist our demons, after surgery whilst not easy it's easier than we think as that trigger between head & stomach just isn't there. You'll fight to eat as you will now eat to survive rather than survive to eat. Hugs & best wishes, losers bench warmed & everyone budged up to make room for you. See you on it soon.

If you didn't feel what your feeling I'd be worried. For years we have been indoctrinated by society & ourselves to hate ourselves, fear the loss of our comfort blanket fat suit & fear regaining it or it not working. It's all part of the grand roller coaster journey we are on. In many ways you've done the tough part resisting your demons & habits without the self will etc to resist our demons, after surgery whilst not easy it's easier than we think as that trigger between head & stomach just isn't there. You'll fight to eat as you will now eat to survive rather than survive to eat. Hugs & best wishes, losers bench warmed & everyone budged up to make room for you. See you on it soon.
Thanks Penelope you always seem to know what to say to put a person at ease :) I appreciate your words of wisdom :) And thanks for making room on the losers bench :) xx

Good luck.

Trust me, you will NOT fail, but there may be times when you think you have because you are expecting to (especially if you stall like I do) but stand back and look at the full picture and you will be pleasantly surprised xx

Good luck.

Trust me, you will NOT fail, but there may be times when you think you have because you are expecting to (especially if you stall like I do) but stand back and look at the full picture and you will be pleasantly surprised xx

Thanks for your words of encouragement I appreciate it :) xx

Good luck for today hun :) x

Well its all done. I made it through the surgery and it wasn't so bad thank goodness for pain medication.lol My abdominal region is very tender like someone punched me in the stomach a few times but over all not so bad. I am on blood thinners by injection for 2 weeks to make sure no clots happen and I am on pain medication for a week or so. But other than that I did well. My surgeon was awesome in regards to the incision holes tiny as can be so I am happy about that. So I might post a pic of the incision area if I muster up enough courage to share. :) Thanks everyone for the well wishes it really made a difference to me to go into surgery positive like :)

Pleased its all over for you now my incision scars are tiny at nearly 4 weeks out u can hardly notice them good luck on your weight loss journey

Congrats on making it to the "Bench" :). Rest up & heal well hun x

Told you dare I say. Glad all went well. Now follow orders & let your body heal just because the scars are tiny it's easy to forget just how big an op it's really been. Slow & steady plenty if rest & fluids little & often.

Back