• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too many appointments

snooky

Hi, I seem to be having different hospital appointments coming through the post on a daily basis, is this normal?

To be honest I think I have managed to confuse the hospital by getting referred by my gp and from my consultant who removed my gallbladder and who happens to be the wls surgeon. I went to a WL managment clinic seminar yesterday and realised it was for people who had only just been referred by the gp and was told we had to attend for at least 4 onths before anything else will happen. Ihave already seen the Dr who said I would be recommend for surgery. I already have a psycologist appt. a sleep apnoea appt. and when I got home an aapointment to see surgeon at the end of Oct.
The dietician at the meeting said wls in coventry was relativley new as they had just been given baritic surgery status, a lot of the team have moved here from heartlands brum, including her. She said she will take my case to the MDT next week!

Am I been too hopeful that things may be happening sooner than I thought or do you think I'm still in this for the long haul?
Any experiences or advice welcome, even though I have read many of your diaries and post.

Thanks
Leanne:) x

Sounds like you are going to sail through lucky girl.Take the appointments and dont worry!Maz x

Thanks, I'm too scared to get my hopes up as it all seems to be have been too easy and straight forward so far. having read many peoples journeys on here and their battles and struggles, i am just waiting for them to say "we will consider you for surgery but in 12/24 months after you have jumped through all these hoops!".

Will keep you updated.

I have been waiting 2 year come November so you will be very lucky to slip through this fast !!! Goodluck to you and don't knock it if you do !!!! Someone deserves a fast track lol

Hope so. I think once I decided to embark on this journey I became really impatient and want it all done yesterday.

Back