• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello From GLASGOW!

jem06

Hello all.

I attended my GP yesterday to ask about gastric band.
I have been referred to Weightloss managment as this is the road in to get funding ( i think! ) up at the royal i think.. need to call within 2 weeks to get an appt.
GP thinks i would be a very good candidate as i have bmi of 45, im injection controlled diabetes and im only 21!

all advice would be appreciated!!

Jem xo

p.s - been having a good old nosy and everyone is looking fantastic!!! Well done lovelies xo

Hiya Jem :wavey:
Welcome to wlsurgery.com!! I was lucky enough to be able to privately fund my op as I had some money left to me by a great-uncle to use for health purposes so I am not sure about all the procedures you go through when you have it done on the NHS - but I know nothing happens quickly!!Good luck with your weight loss journey.:D
:party0049::party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0049::party0011:

Hi Jem

Hope everything goes well for you. I think most of us have had to go for weight managment to get NHS funding. For some it's a long and winding road, but so worth it in the end.

Good luck

Hello and welcome
I went through the same process. Was referred to the weight management service and worked with them and lost some weight through diet, exercise and medications. When it was apparent (to them - i knew it all along lol !) that although i can lose weight initially, i cannot keep it off, it was agreed that i had shown enough commitment and they referred me for the operation.
There are weight loss targets to meet along the way to be allowed the op and at times it can get frustrating and disheartening, but stick with it as it is worth it in the end.
Good luck x x

Welcome and good luck with the weight management...

Good things come to those who wait xx

Thanks everyone for your nice replies! Ive been reading so much on this site as i realise it is such a big decision.

Can anyone talk about how it feels to get used to the changed relationship with food - specifically not drinking while eating - this terrifies me as what if i get thirsty when im eating?

Also, most people on here seem to get a bypass rather than banding - why is this??

Jem xo :)

Hi Jem and all the best with your weight loss. I would say my obsession with food is slowly going away but it's something I have always had to struggle against , even after the band. The band is damage limitation but it doesn't let you go on auto pilot just by having it..you have to follow the eating guidelines given by your surgery team AND exercise /change your lifestyle or it just won't work.
Good luck x

Back