• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else from Bradford?

I've never been massively stressed about my size. My dad and sister are big too but injecting because if my diabetes gets me down and long term uncontrolled diabetes come with some bad side effects like losing limbs and going blind so I am sorting it out now. Plus clothes ate much cheaper at primani and scratalan if your not in the big sizes xx

I utterly LOATHE being big. I'm very confident etc but my size holds me back. Everyone thinks I'm happy with it but I am not and never will be.

Aw that's sad hun. But at least the end is in sight now xx

yviec1972 said:
Aw that's sad hun. But at least the end is in sight now xx

Fingers crossed... I just hope it DOES happen!! Still can't believe we are practically neighbours LOL!

I know lol

Lawstudent said:
Hi Yvie! That would be great, I'm two minutes away from there :) I've only just seen Mr May and done sleep test so we're about the same really. I'm still at the stage where I don't quite believe it is happening lol! Are you at Haigh Hall?.

Hya.... I'm seeing Mr May, is he nice? Bit scared x

Libertine79 said:
Hya.... I'm seeing Mr May, is he nice? Bit scared x

Every single person I've met has been polite, helpful and never judgemental. I saw him very very briefly and found him to be pleasant.

mr may is lovely. he was at bradford meeting last month. i wish he was going to be my surgeon, he seems like quite a funny man and can defo take a joke.

Thanks guys :) x x

Hiya law student, are you back yet? please give me a shout when you are back and we can sort out that coffee :) ill keep an eye on your profile in the meantime. if you want to look for me on fb my name is yvonne currie my avatar is a pink love heart xx

yviec1972 said:
Hiya law student, are you back yet? please give me a shout when you are back and we can sort out that coffee :) ill keep an eye on your profile in the meantime. if you want to look for me on fb my name is yvonne currie my avatar is a pink love heart xx

Hey! Sorry I only just saw this! Met Mr May today! Good day, no apnea, on waiting list now thankfully.

I am off work until next Thursday if you're around?

Hiya. I work 9-5. But I'm sure we can sort something out. Do you want to find me on fb my names Yvonne currie and my pic is a pink love heart. Then we can chat in private as you dont have enough posts yet for a private message xx

Hey Tilly, mr may will be doing my op :)..... Saw the dietician last week just waiting for an apt with him. Hope you are well x

Libertine79 said:
Hey Tilly, mr may will be doing my op :)..... Saw the dietician last week just waiting for an apt with him. Hope you are well x

My app't came through quickly, within two weeks of seeing dietician I had seen Mr May. :c) x

Lawstudent said:
My app't came through quickly, within two weeks of seeing dietician I had seen Mr May. :c) x

I have discovered, via a doctor friend, that Mr May is one of the leading bariatric surgeons in the Country, he trains others. And such a nice man too. We Bradfordian ladies are very lucky <3

Really? That's good news... I was told he is holiday for most of aug and to chase apt up if I hasn't heard anything x

Kate, did he give you any idea of when your op might be? :) x

Libertine79 said:
Kate, did he give you any idea of when your op might be? :) x

He said at best 12wks (but not likely) and at worst 20wks but he said currently about 16wks is average. I didn't have apnoea which obviously helped. My Mum waited 3.5years, so even at 20wk waiting list i will have been operated on within a year of referral. It is very good here.

Libertine79 said:
Really? That's good news... I was told he is holiday for most of aug and to chase apt up if I hasn't heard anything x

Oh that might be true. Well you could ask to see one of his consultants :c( I had similar problem about two years ago.

Lawstudent said:
Oh that might be true. Well you could ask to see one of his consultants :c( I had similar problem about two years ago.

Think I'll be patient don't want to rock the boat!! Would be happy with early next year x x x

Back