• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too soon to be deficient?

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
I'm just over three months post op and still on a high as regards to being bypassed and seeing the benefits. However I have been feeling more and more tired and wabbit as the weeks go on. As most of you know I wasn't well a few weeks ago with swollen lymph nodes etc but I seem to have got over that but if I am honest the tiredness was setting in before that flared.
I'm beginning to wonder if I am absorbing the vits & minerals that I should be especially as I suffer from steatorrhea regularly. Is it to early to start becoming deficient? When did you first see the signs in yourself?
I'm due to be tested in February 14 by my team in Rosshall but have just made a GP app for later today to get checked out anyway. I just worry that I am wasting GPs time and that it is perfectly normal to feel so washed out at this stage PostOp.

Lincs Lass

Have you had your Vitamin B12 injection yet? I have mine every 12 weeks and find it really does make a difference to me x

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
That's the thing that concerns me Sue the vit b12 injections aren't a matter of course here. It's a case of let's see if you need them first :sigh: . I can feel myself slowly winding down as the day goes on and the length of run time is getting shorter and shorter day by day :(

Lincs Lass

It makes me so cross that something that's been shown to be so beneficial is subject to the postcode lottery!!!

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Ahhhh well will just have to see what the doc says later on xx

Madcatwoman

I have the sublingual b complex from Holland and barratt . It is a liquid you hold under your tongue for 30 secs and is absorbed that way. Our trust don't give b12 either. Was pleased ti see my b12 levels were really good when my last bloodshed were done x

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Im sorry your feeling under the weather Frances..get better soon :/

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Thanks folks. Doc thinks there is no harm in getting levels checked so I've to get them done next week and hopefully answers not long after. It was my regular GP but I haven't seen him in months n months and he was well pleased with my weightloss :).

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
I'm 5 months post op and have more energy than I've had for years. I take all the supplements I'm supposed to but haven't had blood tests yet, so I'd say definitely see your gp. Hope you feel better soon x

Yvessa

I'm just over three months post op and still on a high as regards to being bypassed and seeing the benefits. However I have been feeling more and more tired and wabbit as the weeks go on. As most of you know I wasn't well a few weeks ago with swollen lymph nodes etc but I seem to have got over that but if I am honest the tiredness was setting in before that flared.
I'm beginning to wonder if I am absorbing the vits & minerals that I should be especially as I suffer from steatorrhea regularly. Is it to early to start becoming deficient? When did you first see the signs in yourself?
I'm due to be tested in February 14 by my team in Rosshall but have just made a GP app for later today to get checked out anyway. I just worry that I am wasting GPs time and that it is perfectly normal to feel so washed out at this stage PostOp.

Have you had b12 injections?

Yvessa

Doh! I see you've had this conversation. It's defo b12 hon. And the bloods won't show a deficiency until there's a serious issue.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Urghhhhh so is it possible to feel like a burst ball, be low in b12 & it not show in bloods??

Lynsey83

I am 8 months post op and felt at my wrist between 3 & 6 months, my hair was falling out, I felt like I was surviving more than living! B12 isn't a matter of course for my GP either, so I to will have to wait for my bloods to be done. I do feel a lot better now, still a bit grumpy and tiered at times, but better. I hope you feel better soon xx

Yvessa

Urghhhhh so is it possible to feel like a burst ball, be low in b12 & it not show in bloods??

Yep sorry hon. My bloods never show low but I feel down, moody, get headaches, tired and very cold. 2 days after b12 I'm as right as rain.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Thanks Lynsey .. I'm assuming that you do need & do get the vit b12 injections now then?? If that's the case then it's not unheard if to become deficient at 3mths. I am certainly all out of whack and feeling that something is amiss with my body. I'm as narky as hell too which is so not me.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Yep sorry hon. My bloods never show low but I feel down, moody, get headaches, tired and very cold. 2 days after b12 I'm as right as rain.

Yep that's me with no energy left what so ever. I'm struggling to concentrate too. It's like my brain is in a constant fog .. I will just have to wait and see what happens with blood results and take it from there.

Yvessa

Is it worth contacting your team, telling them how you feel and asking if you could see if a b12 shot helps? It can't harm you.

Yvessa

It feels a lot like when I was pre cpap infact. I just fall asleep after dinner.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Omg hun that's exactly what I told my hubby last night after I fell asleep again immediately after our dinner last night and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't wake myself up enough to wake up if you get my drift .. Same again tonight. I am seriously going to scald myself with my cup of tea one day at this rate as I often drift off with cup in hand!

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Meant to add that I see my dietician a week on Saturday so will run it by her then. Hopefully I will have some results in by then :fingerscrossed: