• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Total failure

Daisy85

I just can't do this. I couldn't do the pr op diet. And I am seriously struggling on the post op diet.
This is my last hope at having a life with my new husband and I'm just losing a losers game :cry:

Daisy I'm gonna get harsh with ya , get off ur butt ,read a book have a bath, walk round the garden etc this is a new beginning for us all some people never get this chance , it's hard for all of us but it's a very short time to not be eating what we want !!!! Rant over ( I know just how u feel at moment ) big hugs xxxxx

I know Its hard but just think in a few week, it will all start to get easier, chin up :) xx

Reality is its doesn't work for everyone, so lack of drive/motivation/commitment will all ultimately result in failure...if you can't change your mindset then best to admit defeat then?

This was meant to be an attempt at reverse psychology! Come on daisy! Focus and busy yourself with other tasks etc x

Ok can yous both list what I'm supposed to be drinking. Maybe having a exact list to follow will help me.
I think it's cus iv had 3 acquaintances that's had it done.
1 was eating mash on her second day and went on to losing 9 stone.
The other two wer resent and one was eating chineise noodles 5 days after her op and the other. One eating cheese burgers 2 weeks after her op.
I guess I'm surrounded by bad role models x

No bad role models on here chuck! Sorry I can't help too early in process for me. But chin up, read older post if no one answers, I'm sure I've seen some probably in post op diets that may help!

I'm off out now but will dig you my books out later for you xx

you had your op.... how many days ago!! hun you can do this and you will... think positive.. think of the new life you are gonna have with your husband.
As the days go on it gets easier... and you wll soon get into a routine and the new you will start to emerge. Chin up!! xx

You be the one to do this right hun.So your mates ate crap so soon out,you wont and you will feel better for it.I had a bypass but the principle is the same.
Get yourself busy clear your wardrobes and drawers of all the big stuff and start trawling ebay for cheap replacements,have pamper nights to get that body in tip top condition for summer(when it arrives!)Treat yourself to new undies,makeup,jewellery.Charity shops are full of summer stuff and very cheap.Plan your eating for the day and relax,you will do this,look back and laugh at this wobble!Lots of love and support.Maz x

Hi hun,

I know exactly how you feel, i was really struggling within my first few days, but i am now 15 days post op and feel looooaaadddddssss better!!

Its still so early for you sweet, so dont be so hard on yourself!! Keep your mind occupied, i like to look online at differents clothes i'm gonna buy when i'm at goal!!

Take care

A x

I think most of us feel like this in the first few days / weeks post op. Its a mixture of post op blues, asking yourself what have you done and convincing yourself it wont work.

For a good idea of what post op banders eat (or drink at your stage) have a look through the threads in the banders section.

Some liquid ideas:

Slim fast - I preferred the ready made ones
Soups sieved to get rid of lumps
Yogurty shakes
Milkshake - with skimmed or semi milk
Fruit smoothies

Plenty of water and tea and coffee if you drink it.

You will be fine, keep posting xx

i agree it is hard at first and all the post op blues etc, we also have had such a lot of excitement and anticipation before the op what will we look like etc etc how slim will we be ? and we forgot to think how hard it might be :( but honestly it does get easier and if you stick to the rules you will be so much healthier and slimmer and your life with your hubby will be so much better too xx good luck and take care

Back