• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why aren't the inches going?

lucyh

It's 5 weeks today since my op. And I've got a query. I've lost a reasonable amount since the start of my pre-op diet - about 25 lbs. However I have clothes from 3 years ago when I was this weight before (ie 13st 10lbs) and I can't get into them - they are still really tight. So it would appear that although I'm losing the weight I'm not really losing the inches. Anyone know why?

Im the opposite completely!5 weeks out weight stopped dropping but clothes hanging on my frame,baggy bum in 20s pants,tshirts hanging off my shoulders,and my knickers can pull up to my chin now!

Hi Lucy, did you measure yourself before your op or when you started your pre op diet?

Unfortunately that is the only true way to see inch loss, could you take your measurements now and then you'll have them to see the differences in another months time.

Were you exercising at all when you were last that weight? Muscle weighs more than fat but will take up less room and being so close to your surgery date I'd be surprised if you were exercising alot at the moment.

Don't be disappointed its such early days and the lbs and inches will just continue to fall off.

Don't despair, be patient ! Sometimes we lose inches, sometimes we lose pounds - and they don't necessarily happen at the same time. You may actually have lost inches - but not in the places you expect to. Mine went from my face and neck first. Also, you may have been a different shape last time you were this weight. Do a full set of measurements now, that you can use to compare as your journey progresses. x

Hi Lucy, did you measure yourself before your op or when you started your pre op diet?

Unfortunately that is the only true way to see inch loss, could you take your measurements now and then you'll have them to see the differences in another months time.

Were you exercising at all when you were last that weight? Muscle weighs more than fat but will take up less room and being so close to your surgery date I'd be surprised if you were exercising alot at the moment.

Don't be disappointed its such early days and the lbs and inches will just continue to fall off.
Thanks everyone. I am doing about the same exercise-wise. I go on 2 mile walks about 5 times a week. I think I can remember my measurements pre-op and I would say I've lost about 2 inches from each vital statistic which I suppose would probably equate more to a stone's loss than the 25lb I've actually lost.

Im the opposite completely!5 weeks out weight stopped dropping but clothes hanging on my frame,baggy bum in 20s pants,tshirts hanging off my shoulders,and my knickers can pull up to my chin now!

I'm very much like Maz... but do normally lose it all from my face, neck and shoulders first... and when I tend to have a weightloss, the inches can stay the same.

It swings in roundabouts... it's early days and it will all come together...

Well done on all of your losses so far.

Love and hugs xxx

Rose, my face and neck area have changed the most, does that mean I will lose like you?Wahoo! lol

My face and neck area changed the most early on but I seem to be loosing a bit lower down now...bum, hips belly etc :D XX

I forgot to measure myself pre op and haven't done it yet since surgery. I don't want to put a bra on yet or any underwear as I am quite swollen where my gall bladder was taken out as it was in pretty bad shape apparently. I will probably get dressed tomorrow and take my measurements then.
I hope you see some changes soon as it will be nice for you to be able to keep check on your inch loss.
Lynne xx

Rose, my face and neck area have changed the most, does that mean I will lose like you?Wahoo! lol

LOL No reason why you shouldn't be just as successful Maz but I'm still not sure I'd recommend losing it as quickly as I have though.

I have clothes from 3 years ago when I was this weight before (ie 13st 10lbs) and I can't get into them - they are still really tight.

When I started to lose weight after my bypass, I found that my body wasn't the same shape it was when I had lost weight in the past. I don't know whether it was something about the speed of my weight loss this time.

Now I weigh what I weighed at 17 I'm a totally different shape. I was always very curvy. Now I'm straight up and down and have no bust to speak of.

(Might be an age thing too... ;) )

Back