• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally broken (not 'wls' related)

yes the samaritans do provide a good service..you can phone email or text them or even write to them

if you are feeling suicidal you do need to see your dr urgently and if you feel you are in imiment danger you need to go to A and E

i am sure there is support out there for you. you have to be entitled to reasonable accomodation

good luck trying to find a job

stupid me.. i am in Ireland so don't know how things work in Uk

Hi Farzu

Youve had good advice already about visiting CAB. They are a charity and you will not be in breach of your "no recourse to public funds" situation by visiting them. They may be able to help you.

Also have you tried Shelter Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity - choose your location They are a housing and homelessness charity and again, you are allowed to seek their help as they are a charity so it is not public funds you are asking for, just help with maybe finding somewhere affordable to live.

Finally, try Turn2us - to access benefits and grants they offer advice based on where you live and your own situation and may be able to find grants or trust funds that can offer financial support to you - again from charities so not public money.

Hope that has been useful hun. We are here for you so keep talking xxxx

Just another thought Farzu. Have you signed a tenancy agreement with your landlord? Have you paid a deposit to him? If you have, he should have registered your deposit with a tenancy deposit scheme. Its an offence for him not to do that and you can ask for compensation.

If you have not signed a tenancy, and not paid a deposit, you are free to leave whenever you wish.

OH NO!! Liz. i didn't even know of wls surgery until i got this website last month lol.

I'm sure that you had posted originally that you have been speaking to your GP for ages about WLS.

Please don't think that I am being judgemental in any way but please think about the the financial strain on the NHS...You are already having fertility treatment too...

My husband is an American, he went through a lot to be here with me, he is now a British Citizen, he even had to do a 'Britishness Test' and pay for it. He is professional and has recently been made redundant (hence my switch to NHS) but he will not claim unemployment benefit and has taken a very significant pay cut so that he still contribute to our life expenses.

He also has been sending off his CV and has never had to send off a photo...Also both my husband and myself has been in positions where we have hired people...it is illegal to insist on photographic CV (unless you are a model or actress)...because you must not be judged on looks....However some people like to add them to their CV in an effort to improve their chances...Most companies will ask if you have the right to work legally in this country...I also believe that you will have restrictions working if you are a student...And you are supposed to be self sufficient whilst studying here too.

Hope your feeling ok this morning - i know what it's like to go to sleep with problems and wake up with them it is a nightmare. Everyone has given you great advice and i'm sure if you look into it you will get something out of it. Take care Farzu xx

Please don't think that I am being judgemental in any way but please think about the the financial strain on the NHS...

Am I the only person who is offended by this comment? Am I a strain on the NHS too as they are funding my operation?

Quite frankly, Farzu posted this thread for advice on her housing situation, and some people have ignored her predicament and instead questioned her motives for being in the UK.

Farzu has stated that she has been here 5 years, has a visa, is a student and looking for work. She is not illegal. She is not "scrounging" benefits she is not entitled to.

Could we try to be a little more supportive please.

I'm a total stranger to you Farzu, but I've had huge worries over housing in the past (I am a British Citizen) but I wanted to wish you well, I know nothing about the English law, but I do know the CAB are extremely informative & helpful - as are SHELTER, please get in touch with both.

I hope your stress lifts soon & wish you all the best for your future. :)

debs xx

farzu i dont know you but wanted to wish you luck i hope everything works out for you,please take the advise given.huge hugs x sarah x x x take care x x

well said sambucca , i hope everything works out farzu , there has been some good advice and i hope some of it is helpful for you and im sorry if i offend anybody ,but help and advice were asked for not an interegation ! xxheather

I'm sure that you had posted originally that you have been speaking to your GP for ages about WLS.

Please don't think that I am being judgemental in any way but please think about the the financial strain on the NHS...You are already having fertility treatment too...

My husband is an American, he went through a lot to be here with me, he is now a British Citizen, he even had to do a 'Britishness Test' and pay for it. He is professional and has recently been made redundant (hence my switch to NHS) but he will not claim unemployment benefit and has taken a very significant pay cut so that he still contribute to our life expenses.

He also has been sending off his CV and has never had to send off a photo...Also both my husband and myself has been in positions where we have hired people...it is illegal to insist on photographic CV (unless you are a model or actress)...because you must not be judged on looks....However some people like to add them to their CV in an effort to improve their chances...Most companies will ask if you have the right to work legally in this country...I also believe that you will have restrictions working if you are a student...And you are supposed to be self sufficient whilst studying here too.

Hello dear, thanks for the reply. I did spoke to my GP about weightloss before but not about the surgery. I 'was' a student but now i am am not. I didn't have any problem living in the uk for last 4 nad half years as my husband was working. i have mentioned in my post that he is sick and not working for last 6 months.
I didn't know that if i am sick and can die any time, i still need to think about the financial strain on the NHS. Thanks for advicing me that dear. I am also not able to claim any benifit and don't even want to do that. My husband and I paid NI and Taxes for last 5 years.

Hi Farzu

Youve had good advice already about visiting CAB. They are a charity and you will not be in breach of your "no recourse to public funds" situation by visiting them. They may be able to help you.

Also have you tried Shelter Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity - choose your location They are a housing and homelessness charity and again, you are allowed to seek their help as they are a charity so it is not public funds you are asking for, just help with maybe finding somewhere affordable to live.

Finally, try Turn2us - to access benefits and grants they offer advice based on where you live and your own situation and may be able to find grants or trust funds that can offer financial support to you - again from charities so not public money.

Hope that has been useful hun. We are here for you so keep talking xxxx

Thanks for the info dear. i am sure it will help me.

having read through this thread i do find some comments to be offensive i agree with sambuccas thoughts on this , who are we to judge anybody we dont live their lives, good wishes to you farzu i hope you manage to resolve your problems with the help of kinder replies on this thread julie.

I'm sure no one meant to be offensive or appear to be interrogating Farzu.

However, please remember that however supportive people want to be, there is no substitute for official advice with full knowledge of all the facts.

Farzu, you have been given some excellent avenues to research to help you in your situation, and I hope it is resolved swiftly for you.

DQ
Admin

I posted this threat becasue i am going through a rough time and thought only you ladies will understand that. I would like to clarify that people who comes to the uk for treatment purpose can only get the visa for certain time and they pay for the treatments. Its not free for them. People who are students or work permit holder or highly skilled migrant can use the NHS service for free. I saw in some other posts that some of you said that if you have co-morbidites like diabetes and high blood pressure, it can cost the NHS a lot more than the wls.

Keep your head up it'll all work out for you honey,i really hope your husband gets well soon hugs to you both x x x sarah

SORRY IM NOT MUCH HELP X X X

Ah but sometimes just knowing someone cares enough to read and reply makes all the difference in the world :hug99:

Farzu you have been given some great advice so please try not to worry to much as there are people out there that can help with out you breaking the rules of your visa. You need to get this sorted before you go any further with yyour wls as its an emotional journey in itself without adding huge stress like this into the equation. Speak to your gp about your thoughts and see if they can help as your new GP sounds like a good one. Hope this helps and keep talking as it does help xXXx

Back