• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

totally gobsmacked

Looking forward to those updates nanny. Sounds like you are doing well though :) Xx

For those of you who have had a tummy tuck how did you sleep in an ordinary bed. My upper back is killing me. And when can you lie on your side again. These are the questions I forgot to ask the physio

Still on my mobile as I'm on my own whilst hubby working and son out playing. Feeling good not as sore as I thought. Got my spanx on to keep everything together. Back is killing me though and finding it difficult getting comfortable. Three days post op and all going well. I'm just impatient and want to be back to normal. One thing feel like I've got a hurricane trapped is this normal?

Day four post op. Bored.com. only so much lying/sitting around you can do. Back is killing me with all the stooping over when walking. Oh I'm a moaning myrtle today. This sleeping upright is no use either I long to lay down properly on my side. It's fine in an adjustable hospital bed but on a normal bed it's aaarrgghh. A recliner sofa/chair would help but I don't have one. Sleeping downstairs on sofa bed propped up on pillows. Think I'll need to phone local clinic to get dressings changed they're all bloody not fresh though I'm hoping from when the drains were removed. Apart from my comfort moans all going well and no real pain.

Day four post op. Bored.com. only so much lying/sitting around you can do. Back is killing me with all the stooping over when walking. Oh I'm a moaning myrtle today. This sleeping upright is no use either I long to lay down properly on my side. It's fine in an adjustable hospital bed but on a normal bed it's aaarrgghh. A recliner sofa/chair would help but I don't have one. Sleeping downstairs on sofa bed propped up on pillows. Think I'll need to phone local clinic to get dressings changed they're all bloody not fresh though I'm hoping from when the drains were removed. Apart from my comfort moans all going well and no real pain.

Hi nanny!

Glad to hear ur home and resting! :) I sometimes get sore back lying in bed, try lying on a pillow that cushions ur spine, it sometimes helps me!

Keep us updated xx

So glad it all went well! What hospital did you have it done in and who was your surgeon if you don't mind me asking?

Glasgow royal infirmary and mr mandal was the surgeon. Staff were wonderful.

That's brilliant so glad it all went well for you. Sorry for the millions of questions but did you have to show you had already kept the weight off for a year before they would consider you?

I did. It was my bariatric surgeon who referred me to plastics. Had an appointment with psychologist in February didn't think I'd get it after that. Then my appointment with surgeon he said yes and here I am. Feeling a lot stronger today. Going to go for a walk up the street later need to start getting a bit more mobile.

Loving the updates nanny just so sorry I can't help you with your questions. Take it easy and enjoy that walk :) xx

My surgeon recommend a memory foam pillow under my knees and he was spot on. I kept it there for several weeks until one night I felt I could try without it.

It does get easier, but not quickly !

Wow a week post op already. Took the plunge and changed my dressings this morning. Still not showered just giving myself an all over wash. Need to wash my hair. Won't shower until I've been back at hospital on Thursday to outpatients to get wounds looked at. Will get my daughter to wash my hair for me later. Frightened in case dressing won't stay watertight. Also don't think I could lift my legs high enough to step into the bath. I ramble on. Will leave it for now and will get some pics up at some point.

Got a question for post tummy tuckers. I sneezed yesterday and can feel a lump which is now painful to touch and generally painful in this area. Anyone else had anything similar. Just wondering if it's been the sneeze or if I've maybe overdone things

Three weeks post op and getting stronger each day but still can't lift anything too heavy. Getting cabin fever cos I'm not allowed to drive. Hate wearing leggings want my denims back lol.
I can see a huge difference this is going to be so worth it. Still swelling quite a bit if I've been on my feet too long and get tired really easy.
Hopefully dressings will be off before the 18th as that's when I'm due back at work.
I will take photos but I'll have to tidy my room first lol.
Still sleeping on sofa bed in living room as I still need to be propped up and can't lie on my side.
Improvements every day though.

Speak soon

Wow three weeks already!
I get sit crazy when confined to barracks so my heart goes out to you nanny. Hopefully things start getting back to normal for you soon hun ((((hugs)))) xxxx

I've put my jeans on today and so far so good still comfy. Much prefer denims.
Wearing spanx rather than the stetchy thing they gave me from hospital. how long do you wear compression garments for.

May try and drive later.

Dressings should be removed on Monday for good hopefully.

Need to get moving about more.

Also need to check my diet can eat crisps with no ill effects need to get will power going with that one.

Had my six week check today and the surgeon was well pleased. Everything is healing nicely. Not to see him for another four months. Can now do light exercise. Here's a couple of photos. Excuse the mess ;-)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140901_225814.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140901_225814.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 151
  • ForumRunner_20140901_225835.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140901_225835.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 143
  • ForumRunner_20140901_225901.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140901_225901.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 149
And the before pics.
Managed to put them on sideways don't know how to rotate them